When Korban was born he really threw off our groove. Ok, so maybe our groove was thrown off a little before then. But, lately Kennady has been an absolute terror (a very cute, smart and sometimes even sweet little terror...but a terror nonetheless). The only thing we can think (besides that she's a nearly 3-year-old drama queen) is that she's not getting enough attention, because she apparently needs constant attention. However, so does Korban. There is only one of me, and I get tired. So we thought maybe we need to revamp our routine, or, um, get a routine, and hopefully there will be less meltdowns about what we are doing and when.
We also figure that maybe Ben and I could use a more concrete routine, so maybe we'll end up with a little more sleep and a little more "just the two of us" time. Maybe. As Ben said last night- there will always be more stuff we could do, but maybe we should just go to bed. This came after we both lost all of our patience with Kennady yesterday. I don't think we've both lost all of our patience with her at the same time. We are going to go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Well, at least Ben and I will get up earlier, if the kids sleep a little, that's fine. This way we can both get ready for the day and then have more time to tackle the kids.
I have grandiose plans for a visual schedule. One that might help Kennady learn her numbers, months and days of the week. Plus it needs to be hands on so Kennady can help with it. This is going to require some laminating, design skill and magnets. Oh yeah, and time. Why is there never enough of that? Don't say because I blog. Sorry, it's my "me time" I can do whatever I choose, and I choose to stay sane, just a little longer.
Wish me luck.
1 comment:
I just read a book called "Steady Days" that is all about setting up a routine for your family. It was really enlightening for me b/c at this moment it was exactly what I need.
Post a Comment