Ok, feel free to skip this post. Mostly I'm whining, because I'd like to spare Ben from having to listen to me. I'll put up a pleasant post filled with our weekend festivities and pictures of ponies and adorable babies later.
First on my mind this morning is our electric bill. $200. Uh, yeah, that's right, for a 2 bedroom apartment. Our June bill was $75, and that was with TONS of laundry, the dishes actually being washed frequently and the a/c on every day. And then the a/c broke and was "fixed." And then the fan that cools the a/c would never, ever turn off. As in it's been on straight for over a month. I have asked maintenance over and over and over to fix it. I was told that it was normal, because the fan would only turn off when the a/c unit turns off, and it might never if it can't reach it's temperature. That temperature being 75, because the a/c "isn't designed to make it any cooler than that." The thing that makes me the most mad? That I've been sweating all month and our bill is still $200. And our maintenance guy and manager are both out of town this week. What, you say just turn off the a/c? Well, I could, and I have, but the fan STILL won't turn off, so it won't cut back on the electricity use too much. Oh, and don't think for a second that I plan on paying all of that $200.
Annoyance #2. Ben went to the DMV this morning to register and get plates for the car. They still haven't received the title. They were more than happy to take our money though (some 800 bucks), and we did get a temporary paper plate, but now we have to go back to the DMV. Really, how long does it take for a piece of paper to go 5 blocks via USPS? Don't answer that.
Also, Ben and I were supposed to get our Utah drivers licenses last Friday. You have to have your out of state driver's license, birth certificate, social security card, marriage certificate, $50, and two proofs of Utah state residence, only one of which can be printed from the internet. Unfortunately, I couldn't find our marriage certificate, and they won't take anything else as proof of a name change. So I started looking into getting another copy, and the only way to do that is to write a letter and send it with a check to the county clerk. I'm surprised they don't want a telegraph.
The moral of the story boys and girls? If you want something done as slowly as possible, hand it over to the government....or possibly your apartment manager/maintenance.
Oh, and on a sadder note, we were planning to head to Idaho today to visit Kendra, but Eisley is sick. What a dumb Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment