Monday, July 11, 2011

Everyday Super Hero

Sometimes, as a mom, you feel inclined to feel a little like a super hero for accomplishing ordinary things. Or maybe that's just me. I believe today I may have earned my cape.

I cleaned our bedroom, the kitchen, the living room-twice, fixed the desk drawer Kennady broke, fed both children and myself breakfast, lunch and dinner and numerous snacks, delegated an entire list of things that needed to be fixed to our maintenance man, calmed crying children, rocked both babies to sleep, forced potty breaks on the unwilling, cleaned up pee from two children, scrubbed poop out of clothes, made the bed, picked up Kennady's room, made Kennady clean up her toys out of the living room and wrote a blog post complete with pictures. All this while the a/c was out and the temperature kept climbing higher and higher. Then I got the a/c fixed, the dining room light works again, we have a new thermostat, a new towel bar has been ordered, as has a new track for both closet doors. Did I mention neither kid, nor myself had a nap today?

Don't think this is amazing? I'll trade you jobs. But only for a day or so, because I kind of like mine. Although I dare say the pay is terrible.

No comments: