Well, my original intention of this post was to post some pictures. Turns out I can't find the card reader right now. I'll thank my organizational skills for that one. I've been trying to organize everything, so our apartment can be really clean before the baby comes. But, the way I do things, that means everything has to come out, be sorted through and put back in order. So it looks like our house exploded right now. Except Kennady's room, which is finished and looks awesome. She even loves it and says, "Wow, it's so clean," every time she walks in. She actually doesn't like to play in there now, because she doesn't want to get it messy, so she drags out all of her toys into the living room. I have a feeling that Kennady is going to be a slight neat freak when she gets older. Or, at the very least, she can appreciate clean things.
The other thing I discovered when I tried to upload pictures? Someone (I'm gonna guess Kennady) changed my white balance setting on my camera and all the pictures taken recently are kinda funny looking. Might be able to fix them in Photoshop. However, I am thankful I discovered it today, because the camera was packed in my hospital bag ready for Korban's arrival. And I'd be really ticked if all his newborn pictures didn't turn out.
So, for some reason, I've been feeling great. I made it to 36 weeks! Only 3 left to go. Maybe 4. I'm still not 100% set on being induced early. If I feel this good at 39 weeks, I don't think I will, because I have a feeling 1 kid is easier than 2. But if I start to feel miserable, then I will. The great thing about feeling great is that it's coincided with the beautiful weather we've been having here. So today we put all cleaning and organizing on hold. This morning Ben went and helped the stake fill sandbags, and afterward we all went to a brunch. It was supposed to be last weekend, but it snowed, so they moved it to this weekend, and it was so nice they did it outside. The brunch was awesome- pancakes, strawberries, sausage, grapes, watermelon, scrambled eggs, donuts, chocolate milk, orange juice. Ben's a little sad, because he said he can't top that for Mother's Day. I said I always like good food, especially when I don't have to cook it or clean up after it.
Then we went to the zoo. That's where the pictures were supposed to come in. We thought we'd give Kennady some special attention before Korban gets here. She mostly was excited about the playground once we got there. We did really like the baby elephant and the giraffes, once we drug her away from the slides. It was an all-day event, probably because Kennady is a wanderer and I'm a slow walker. We were all pretty pooped afterward.
The other thing I realized from looking at the pictures? Holy smokes, I'm huge. Ok, so I'm sure the picture isn't taken from the most flattering angle, but still, I'm ginormous. I wish I just gained weight in my belly when I'm pregnant, like some people. Sigh. However, I realize it could be worse. Like the lady I saw the other day pushing her older kid in a stroller down the sidewalk. I guarantee she was trying to walk herself into labor. Her belly was so big that a good 6 inches of it was sticking out below her shirt, and the shirt was way too big on her everywhere else. Oh, and hey, my wedding ring still fits and can come off, so at least I'm not swelling as badly as last pregnancy.
Alright, stay tuned for pictures whenever I can find the card reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment