Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's Raining.

Highlight of the week? Walking into my OB appointment and being first asked "How are you doing" by the medical assistant, and then my doctor greeting me with a "Still pregnant?" I bet they think they are pretty funny. Honestly, for 38 weeks, I know I could be feeling a lot worse. I definitely was with Kennady. But, then again, waking up with severe heartburn in the morning, which lasts all day, and all night, is not my idea of fun. The good news is that I'm closer to having this kid. The bad news is that means absolutely nothing, at least not without medical intervention. Which, by the way, I am in no way opposed to. My doctor was saying that I could either be induced next week (not sure exactly when, because we won't set that up until next Thursday), or just let nature take it's course and give the baby the birthday he always wanted. Which, he reminded me, could be as late as June 10. I said I hate nature. I tried to convince him to induce me today. No such luck. If only we lived in Rexburg still (wait, did I just say that?), I'm pretty sure I could talk Dr. Jones into it.

Besides, I've nearly completed all the tasks on my to-do-before-baby-is-born list. I finished sewing a project :) I know, I never do that (by the way, Kennady's quilt is still missing 1 edge of binding). I made Korban a carseat canopy cover. It turned out rather nicely, if I do say so myself. Maybe I'll get a picture on here (don't hold your breath). The things left on the to-do-list? Make strawberry jam, finish Korban's quilt. Yeah, I know, I laugh at the last one too. Although, really it wouldn't take me that long if I just sat down and did it. The house is even pretty much clean. Let's face it, I have a toddler, the house will never be all the way clean, unless we manage to sell her to the circus.

Uh, what else is new? Kennady has been doing excellent in the potty training department, which has greatly reduced my laundry load. It's been raining all week. We have cabin fever. I think we need raincoats and boots. On a side note, storms put more women into labor, which is why my doctor was actually a little sincerely surprised when he asked if I was still pregnant, because he's been delivering a bazillion babies this week (which makes waiting room times fantastic- no really, Kennady's not there and I get to sit and read). I guess my problem is that I didn't know this qualified as a "storm." It's just rain. Those wimpy women who went into labor early should try seeing a real storm, in Missouri. Speaking of rain, my raincoat still zips. It did not with Kennady. I was pretty happy about this today. Until my friend said I'd been growing out sideways instead of forwards. Great. Wide load, coming through. Kennady has returned to taking a nap. Lifesaver. She also, apparently, has inherited her father's allergies. Not so great. They are both runny-nosed, watery-eyed, sneezing people. And Ben thought taking an extra Benadryl this morning would help- instead of making him really drowsy. Yep, he slept while I drove him to work.

PS- I'm grumpy. Let's hope the next week passes quickly. Mostly for Ben's sake.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Yep, Rexburg would be the place to be if you wanted to get induced! Good luck. I hope baby comes soon for you. As for me, I'm content with the baby inside for a while longer. I still have stuff to do. :/