Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

I taught Kennady this song a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever when she sings it. And she loves to sing it, regardless of whether or not Daddy is home.

Oh, did I mention I've become the bad guy at our house? Maybe she watched Tangled one too many times. Or maybe it's because I'm hugely pregnant, so I can't play on the floor easily, have little energy for chasing her around, can rarely pick her up, and have no lap for her to sit on. She cries for an hour every morning when Daddy leaves. And then again when she wakes up from her nap. She asks "Where's Daddy?" a million times a day. The other day, after she'd asked for the millionth time, I said, "Kennady, we've been over this already, Daddy is at work." She said, "His name is Daddy, we don't call him Ben."

Daddy has to do everything. "No, Daddy will do it." And she only wants hugs and kisses from Daddy. She calls for Daddy when she wakes up at night, and if I try to go get her she just cries. I'm not sure I'm liking this phase. I mean there have always been days when Daddy is the favorite, and always for a couple hours when he gets home she doesn't want to play with me. But this morning she told me she only likes Daddy :( I'm thinking she has a pretty good idea she'll have a baby brother soon.

Not that I have anything against her Daddy. I like him too, and I'm very glad when he comes home everyday. He's my hero, too. He does a lot of dinner-making and cleaning around here, on top of being the world's greatest Dad. He even gets up with Kennady every night (yes, he has done that for a long time, and yes, she does get up EVERY night). He volunteers to sleep on the couch, so I can have the whole bed (we'll pretend this is the only reason, and has nothing to do with how much I wake him up).

Maybe my next kid will like me. I bet he will, since I'll be the one feeding him, especially since he's a Nelson. My doctor's appointment (hopefully my LAST ONE) is in a few hours. Then I should know when we'll get to meet Korban. Pretty sure I'm going to be induced this weekend. Two hours of sleep per night is not cool. Neither is how much he's beating me up from the inside. Really, it hurts, a lot. Kennady was a mover, but this little guy is something else. He needs more space! I'll be sooooo happy to not be pregnant anymore. To anyone who LIKES being pregnant at 39 weeks, I don't believe you. Or I should try to be more like you and not evict my child. Patience has never been my strong point.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

I can totally relate! Josh went through a period when he wanted Beau for everything, and it was in the weeks before and after Aaron was born. On the one hand, it was nice to have Beau do more of the "heavy lifting," but it also hurt my feelings on occasion.

Good luck with that appointment! Hope he's out soon! I'm crossing my fingers for a June birthstone so I'm trying to be really patient. One more week!