Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I think Mother's Day is my new favorite day of the year. This morning I got breakfast in bed, brought to me by a very cheerful and adorable little girl and my wonderful husband. I also got a vase full of roses and two framed pictures of my kids. Then I got a nice, long and uninterrupted shower. Church was wonderful, Kennady was well-behaved and very sweet. I came home and put my feet up and was made awesome grilled cheese sandwiches by my husband while I snuggled with my little girl. And now, judging from the silence in my house, I think Ben must have gotten Kennady to fall asleep. Plus I managed to scrounge up an old coupon for a kitchen floor mop that I won in a game of Monopoly while we were living in Alaska, so guess who's going to have a non-sticky floor tomorrow?

I am very grateful to be Kennady's mom. She might be a troublemaker, but she is also sweet, intelligent and adorable. I am excited to get to meet Korban very soon and am already grateful to be his mom.

I also love my mommy very much. Wish I could be with her this mother's day, and I'm jealous of my sister who is there right now. What a patient mother mine was, dealing with the two of us, plus our crazy brother.

I am also very thankful for a mother-in-law that I not only love, but also like. Not everyone gets so lucky. She did an awesome job raising a son who makes a great husband. And she continues to be a wonderful mom to me and grandma to Kennady. We wish she was closer too! Sometimes it stinks to have 2 families on opposite sides of the country, and live somewhere in the middle, and not really close to either.

No comments: