Yay! Yesterday is over! I was not looking forward to yesterday, but it actually turned out to be a pretty good day, thanks to a wonderful husband and some good news. First, I got a nice shower, because Ben was home to feed Kennady breakfast. Then to my 37 week appointment. I made it to 37 weeks! Only 3 left to go. Man, how time flies. I've had several episodes of contractions that have stolen much needed sleep, so I was afraid I was going to get upset when the dr said that nothing had changed and being induced in 2 weeks wasn't an option. Luckily, that didn't happen. Instead he gave me great news, this baby could come anytime. In fact, he probably will come if and when I start to over do it- like a jog, or scrubbing the bathroom floor. Right now I'm not quite miserable enough to over do it, plus I have a few more things I'd like to get done before he comes. I am starting to feel very pregnant, my sciatic nerve is acting up again (apparently 6 1/2 lbs of baby is too much for my physical therapy), and if it starts being 80 degrees everyday (like is forecast) then I'll get miserable pretty quickly. And we are a go for being induced in 2 weeks. So if by the 27th I've not had this kid, I have the option of evicting him. Still not decided. Kind of like how I don't have a birth plan. None, whatsoever. I just know if I make one that nothing will go according to it, so why bother? Epidural, no epidural, who knows? All depends on what Korban decides to do.
The really nice thing was we had a little extra time after our appointment to go on a mini date. Smoothies from Jamba Juice and bagels from Einstein Bros. Yum. And lots of sunshine and conversation. Why did we ever decide to have children? Hahah. The weather was perfect yesterday and we spent the rest of the morning outside with Kennady (and I even got a little break while Ben played with her outside). Then to Kennady's really fun tests.
Primary Children's is awesome. Kennady really loved all the stuff to look at and play with. The ultrasound was pretty easy. She was a little nervous, but really good. The radiologist actually came in while we were there and talked to us (I don't think I've ever seen a radiologist before). So we got to find out right then that her kidneys looked great. Then on to the VCUG. This one didn't go as well, but it went a lot better than we had anticipated. She was so cooperative, even though she was pretty scared. Which meant that it only took the minimum amount of time. Once again, the doctor came and talked with me while we were there (Ben was in helping Kennady because I had to stand behind the wall). It was really nice to have instant results again. Everything looks great, which is a big relief, because not only is everything functioning right, but we won't have to do another VCUG. Kennady was pretty upset and hurting when we were done, and said she just wanted to go home and play with dad. We got home and went outside and played and she was just fine, and potty training is still going well. Then we had movie and ice cream night. It's nice to have a random middle of the week fun day (ok, so the appointments weren't so fun, but we really liked spending the day together as a family.
Just a few more things to do before baby comes. Finish cleaning and organizing our room and set up the bassinet. Make a car seat cover. Mop the bathroom floor. Yep, that's pretty much it. Oh, that and Ben and I want to go on one last date before we're the parents of two. So I think after this weekend we'll be really set to have a baby. Although, I'm sure I can find plenty of other things to do if we have an extra week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment