Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paradoxes

Ben speaking: It is not good for man to be alone. I am really happy to have Kortney and Kennady home! In hindsight a few things about the last two weeks seemed nonsensical.

I remember craving some peace around the house, but that got old FAST. I remember wishing for a chance to catch forty winks, but somehow I never got to bed earlier than eleven. I also recall plans for an awesomely vigorous body building routine, you can guess how that turned out. I did work some long nights to get overtime, often followed by late mornings. When the day came for the girls to come back, I was cleaned the house up nice, laundry and dishes and everything! (I even scrubbed the toilet!) Both Kortney and Kennday seemed to like the cleanliness, because it's somehow more fun when the mess is your own making less than a week later!

Kennady is an especially efficient contradiction machine: she begged to go to bed early today, the only day she takes naps! She persistently asks for her favorite foods so that she can enjoy only one conspicuous bite. And I can't figure out how or why she learned to apologize for things that aren't her fault by saying "my bad." Nobody says that around here anyway! I'm convinced there is a paradox factory in Branson Missouri, and whenever my girls go there they ship me a couple boxes full. I've got a few extra, want some?

1 comment:

Devon said...

As far as "my bad" goes.... My Bad!! Love, Grandma Devon!