Ok, I guess I'll keep her. Although if she doesn't stop insisting that our day begin at 4 am, I might look for overnight boarding. We are rather sleep deprived around here. Ben is usually the one that does all the work trying to get her back to bed. He's awesome. However, usually they are loud enough that I can't sleep through it, and while he may only have 1 1/2 children, I have two. Both of whom like to wake up a lot during the night. Up until now Korban hasn't been directly responsible for me missing sleep (just heartburn, sickness, etc). But now he's big enough and active enough that his kicking hurts! In fact, he popped a rib out of place the other night, it was really painful, and still a little tender.
I think we'll just teach Kennady how to give Korban a bottle and put them to sleep in the same room. Then maybe, just maybe, Ben and I can get some sleep.
Learned an important lesson this week: you get what you pay for. Ben's work has a free employee health clinic, which we took Kennady to awhile back. She had a terrible diaper rash plus a UTI. The UTI went away, the diaper rash did not, despite our best efforts. It would get a little better, and then, all the sudden get way worse. So I found her a pediatrician and took her in yesterday. The pediatrician was surprised at how bad this rash was. So now we have a 6x daily regiment of every cream imaginable, which Kennady loves, and the next 4 days for it to disappear before we have to take her to a specialist. I also learned something else- a new definition for the word impossible: getting a sterile, mid-stream urine sample from a two-year-old. It was traumatic. Just the idea of peeing in a cup was enough to make Kennady cry. Luckily I was smart enough to just laugh when they suggested I try to get it in the office.
And, all the sudden, yesterday, I realized there is a ton a stuff I need to get done before this baby comes. Like maybe packing a bag for the hospital. And making sure we have a car seat. Oh yeah, and figuring out what to do with Kennady. Yeah, I seriously overlooked that one. I guess taking her with us to the hospital is probably not the best idea :) And maybe clearing a place for the kid to sleep. Well, and there's always his baby quilt that needs to be finished (or, um, started), but seeing as how I didn't get Kennady's finished until this Christmas, I'm not sure it would even be fair if I got it done before he was born. Of course, I plan to teach my children from a very early age that life just isn't fair.
1 comment:
I love your blog. Period.
Post a Comment