I'm so excited! Tomorrow we get to fly on an airplane and go see Tinkerbell's house. So for any of you that have been to Disneyland, what should we not miss and what's not worth the while? Also looking for a fun beach for Saturday... Hermosa? Redondo? something else? It'll be my first trip to the great state of California. We really only have two days to play. Friday is Disneyland and Saturday is the beach. I kinda wish it was going to be a longer trip, but with a two-year-old in tow, we might be really glad to be headed home. Oh, and I promise to take pictures while we are there. However, I do not promise to post them immediately when we get home. So don't hold your breath.
I'm sure everyone wants to hear one funny Kennady story. And, of course, I have one. Yesterday Ben got home and was making some popcorn to take to our awesome friends who agreed to watch Kennady while we went to dinner (Thank-you so much!). We have a Whirly-Popper, which, by the way, makes the world's best popcorn, I won't even eat movie theater popcorn anymore. So he was making this popcorn and being the studly man that he is, went to take out the trash with Kennady. Kennady begged and pleaded for him to take her on a bike ride, and he's an awesome dad, so he did. I didn't realize he'd already started making the popcorn, until I started smelling smoke (uh, seriously our smoke detector goes off when I take a shower, but not when the entire kitchen is filled with smoke?). Yep, the oil was burning. No flames, luckily, because it had a lid on it, which I did not dare to open. So Ben comes back inside and is cleaning up the mess. I was, hmm, I think I was talking to Ben about not burning the house down. Kennady is running amok. Then I hear water splashing and head straight for the bathroom to tell Kennady for the 100th time not to play in the toilet. Except, she wasn't in the toilet, she was in the bathtub. I guess it didn't get drained after her bath. I walk in just as she sits down, fully clothed. I said, "Kennady, what are you doing?" "Swim," she says. Yah, yah, yah, lack of parental supervision. I guess I could make her start wearing the monkey leash in the house.
Oh and her new favorite thing: taking off her pants, then her diaper and running around saying "naked baby." Oh, now I remember why the tub didn't get drained. I put a diaper on the kid and was trying to get her clothes on when she escaped my grasp and ran straight into our bedroom while simultaneously pulling off her diaper. She sat down on Ben's blanket and pillow on the floor and peed all over them. And then she laughed and laughed and laughed. I guess that's what I get for not making the bed.
1 comment:
That's Gramma's girl!!!! see you in CA!!!Love you guys!
Post a Comment