Yep, we made it back home, where we intend to stay for a little while. We finally made up our minds and decided to leave Wednesday morning. Tuesday was house cleaning day. Ben and Kennady got haircuts. Kennady's is super cute, a little shorter and Katy did an awesome job fixing the bangs. I figured out it takes 2 people to cut Kennady's hair- one to distract and one to cut. We also got to hang out with Ben's cousin Alyse, Aunt Kim and Uncle Craig. Alyse is coming to school up here.
I've discovered I'm old. We had a group of single girls move in next to us (they ran out of single housing, so they moved some into married housing). I guess I'm their new mother. Haha. One of them even called me to check in with me. Freshmen are silly. I figure they'll make for some awesome free babysitting though :) They adore Kennady.
Wednesday we left and made the 12 hour trip. Uhg. Too long in the car with Kennady. We stopped in Boise at the McDonald's with the playplace and Kennady thought that was great. We wasted a couple hours in Boise driving around to every Walgreen's trying to get Kennady's antihistamine filled. Stupid store. We finally pulled into Keizer around 10 p.m. Thursday Ben had an eye appointment and we went to Costco. I put together a guest/scrapbook for Marlene's reception. I'm really slow at scrapbooking. It seems like we did lots of other wedding related things, but I can't remember what they were.
Friday Dan got home! Awesome! He had quite the welcoming party even though his flight ended up being delayed by several hours. Then we had a dinner at the church with all the family (that's a lot of people). Then set up for the reception began. Kennady and I missed it because Kennady didn't a nap that day, so we retired to bed early (actually on time for her, early for me).
Saturday we got up and Kristi and I headed up with the bride and groom to take pictures. I have no pictures for you. I was the assistant, fluffing the dress, fixing hair, hauling the gear, holding the flowers, etc. Kristi took the pictures. I haven't seen them yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post one so you can see how gorgeous Marlene looked and what an awesome photographer Kristi is. We spent several hours taking pictures, hurriedly ate lunch and then got to go to the wedding. So beautiful! Marlene and Kaman are super happy and cute together, but I can't believe she is married.
Then we had another family dinner and then on to the reception. Somehow I ended up decorating the top of the cake. I guess the cake topper never showed up, so 5 minutes before the reception started I made a cake topped out of flowers. Again, no pictures. I had my hands quite full with a two-year-old that hadn't taken a nap. As soon as the reception started, I had to take Kennady home because she had a major meltdown and needed to go to bed. They did bring me a piece of cake though:)
Sunday we went to church to hear Dan speak. He's so grown up! Kristal and Grandma Sharp both got really sick. We figured out that Scott must have been the "carrier monkey" for the stomach bug that Russell had a week or so ago. And since Kennady could not leave her "baby Scott" alone the whole time we were there, we knew what was coming. Sure enough, about three hours into the drive we stopped to get gas. We got out of the car and Kennady threw up everywhere. Talk about tender mercies, we were so glad she didn't throw up in the car. Ben and I put ourselves on a liquid and grape diet for the remainder of the trip. Luckily it seems to be pretty short lived, and Kennady didn't get sick again. So far Ben and I haven't gotten sick either.
Ben is off to classes today. Or should I say class? He only has one class on MWF. So nice. He still has plenty to do though- finish med school applications, find an internship, figure out where we will be living in December, etc. Well, I have plenty to do myself to recover from this vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment