Friday Ben and I got a date night. One of the single girls next door volunteered to watch Kennady. Fun was had by all. Ben and I made dinner, ate dinner and then ran some errands. We planned to stop and get shakes at the new hamburger joint in town, but apparently the place is popular, there was a very long line out the door and around the corner. We thought we'd save the shakes for another day.
The reason we were so boring? I was super tired. I babysat B that day. Kennady and B are really really good at getting into trouble. It all started when I had to go to the bathroom. I got out and they had emptied a large box of bandaids and were starting to unwrap them and stick them all over the place. As I was picking up the bandaids they ran into B's room and shut the door. I wasn't too worried about it because there's nothing in B's room they can really destroy. Well, normally there's not. Somewhere and somehow they'd gotten a hold of a box full of straight pins. They have shag carpet. So while I was busy finding 300 needles in a haystack, they threw B's boxes of underwear down the stairs. And Kennady ate playdoh, repeatedly.
Saturday was a day of things that we were supposed to do, but didn't. I was supposed to babysit, but I got out of that so I could go to a Relief Society meeting. I was supposed to go the meeting, but the postponed it last minute. We were supposed to take family pictures that morning, but I canceled that because I thought it would be too much to do with the meeting and babysitting. We were supposed to go to Idaho Falls early-afternoon so I could get some shopping done with Kendra. Well, we did go, but it was more like late afternoon/early evening and I didn't get everything done that I wanted to. Then we went to Mike and Kari's where we were supposed to eat pizza and salad and play games. But we didn't eat the salad because the boys were so busy playing video games Ben forgot to make it (and I was gone). I'm not sure it was missed. We were supposed to have lots of fun playing games, but it was the kiddos bedtimes and everyone was tired. Well, I guess we did have lots of fun, it just didn't last very long. Then we were supposed to go home early so Ben and I could write our talks. But I had to go to the store and pick up milk, so I ended up being up past one writing my talk.
Surprisingly, I think our talks went well. I guess the only guideline to that is that we didn't go significantly under or overtime, and the bishop didn't have to get up an correct us afterward. Kennady is still loving nursery. After church we had a surprise birthday party/potluck for bishop. It was kinda fun, even though I didn't get any mashed potatoes.
Monday: day one of potty training. Yeah, I decided to stop being chicken. Anyone have any clue how to potty train a kid? Day one, a complete failure. She not only peed all over the floor numerous times, but thought it was pretty funny. When I asked her if she wanted to wear her big girl tinkerbell panties or a diaper, she said diaper. She was a little more excited when she saw the tinkerbell panties, but not excited enough to keep them dry or be upset about being put back in diapers. The day ended with laundry.
Tuesday: day two of potty training. Failure. She's ok to sit on the potty, but never does anything (even after 30 minutes while I read her books). Then she pees within 5 minutes of getting off. She shows no remorse. She doesn't seem very interested in the rewards I offer (even her favorites). I figure maybe the problem is that we don't have a little potty that she can just use by herself. So I order one on Amazon. It will be here tomorrow. I decide to tackle her sleeping in her own bed instead. She says she wants to sleep in the baby bed. However, I actually get her to sleep in her toddler bed, and the night isn't any different than normal (I think she woke up once, but I'm not sure because I don't even hear her at that hour...Ben takes care of it, what a champ!) Oh and she draws all over herself with a blue highlighter while I'm trying to make lunch. I tell her if she does that it might stay forever. She says, "Wwwwooowww. I be blue."
Wednesday: not day three of potty training. I'm holding off until the potty chair that looks like a dog arrives. Babysit Kennady's other new friend, G. G is so mild mannered and, um, well, perfect. Granted, I'm not her mother, and it's only the third day I've watched her. Kennady was a bully (to this kid twice her size) and spent the whole morning in trouble for being mean.
Everything is "mine." Today at the playground she told another kid, "That's my grass. You get off." Sheesh. She had a lot of fun destroying her room (which I spent all Tuesday cleaning and organizing) and the living room. She unravels a roll of toilet paper while I'm blowing G's nose. She manages to cover herself, her clothes and the wall with macaroni and cheese. I guess it makes more of a mess if you dump your bowl of mac & cheese into your cup of water and then play with it. Of course, why didn't I think of that? That warrants a bath and a nap.
Then, instead of letting the house get more destroyed, we head outside. We are outside 5 minutes and Kennady says, "Go home." No. It was so nice outside and everyone was outside. So I told Kennady we were staying. Then she started doing everything that normally makes me threaten to take her inside (running away, going into the parking lot, throwing woodchips). Instead we had timeout outside. She was maaad. Then another little girl's mom got her a coat. Kennady looked at it and said "I need my coat." I asked her if she was cold. "Uhhmmmm, yeah. I need to go get my coat." Yeah, and I bet she needs a drink of water exactly when we tell her it's time for bed every night. I'm a mean mom and told her to suck it up and play on the playground with her friends. We stayed until Ben came home and made us nachos. Did I ever mention my husband is fantastic?
Well, be excited for tomorrow, because I watch B again. Surely this will mean some outrageous story to share. And if not then I'll just have an excellent wonderful day.
1 comment:
I love reading about your life! :)
Post a Comment