Thursday, September 16, 2010

Where Does it Go?

Is it really fall already? It sure feels like it here. Yesterday when I went to the grocery store they had pumpkins out and all the Halloween stuff. Fall is my favorite time of the year. This fall is going to be especially exciting. In 5 weeks Kendra is having a baby. Mom will be coming out for a 3-week visit then. Dad will come out a few weeks later for a shorter visit. There is a possibility that Kendra's little girl will be born on Kennady's birthday. Which is yet another thing I am excited for. Throwing little kid's birthday parties is so much fun. I can't decide what theme she wants for her birthday party. I was thinking Tinkerbell, monsters or dinosaurs. She seems to like all of those.

What does she want for her birthday? Well, she already got a big girl bed from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. We're hoping maybe she'll sleep in it by her birthday :) She'd really like a play kitchen... although I don't know where we would put it. She wants some cars (like HotWheels or something) to go with the present we got her (one of those cool rugs with roads all over it). Or maybe the new Tinkerbell movie. I would say candy, but I'm pretty sure she'll get plenty of that for Halloween. That's the other thing...I can't decide what she should be for Halloween. Tinkerbell would be so cute...but getting that costume together is either a lot of work or a lot of money.

Then shortly after Kennady's birthday is my birthday. I'll be 25 this year! Yikes. Mostly I don't feel that old, not that 25 is all that old. I think I'll skip the party for me and just go out to dinner. Adult birthday parties aren't nearly as fun. What do I want? A good night's sleep. Yes, that would be fantastic.

Then comes Thanksgiving. I love it. All the food. Good food. I'm thinking we might just stay home this year and enjoy Ben's week off from school (which I am sure he'll be using for studying and catching up on homework). Then I can learn how to cook a turkey. Just a few short weeks after Thanksgiving Ben will graduate! Yay! This is one big event for us that has been a long time coming. I have a feeling it will be slightly anti-climatic. I told him he gets to walk though. Hey, I've been here an extra 3 years and I want to see him walk. That very same day we get to move! Yippee! (Ok, not so excited about this one). As soon as he's no longer a student we get booted from student housing. So if anyone's gonna be in town for graduation, feel free to help us move. Where are we moving? Who knows. Hopefully we'll figure that out in the near future and then I can be excited about that too.

No comments: