Sorry, no funny stories from yesterday. The girls actually didn't get into too much trouble. Although I did discover that B can unlock and undo the dead bolt on the front door and escape. Luckily she did it when while I was looking, and not trying to clean up some giant mess.
Today is the great cake making day. I'm making a cake for Kendra's baby shower tomorrow. It's stressing me out. I think mostly because before I can even start I have to clean our kitchen, which is a disaster. And then several hours (I need two of each pan, and I only have one, plus I can't bake the big ones and the small ones at the same time or the big ones fall when I take the smaller ones out) of baking. And then several hours of decorating. And if I mess it up I'll have to start all over. And the kitchen is going to get super hot, as it's supposed to get near 80 today (we do not have a/c). And then I'll have to clean up the really giant mess that I know I'll make from making the cake. Grrr, why do I have to be a perfectionist sometimes?
Kennady's puppy potty arrived yesterday. She loves it. She wouldn't get off of it to come eat dinner. So I guess we'll resume potty training on Monday.
And all this stressing about the cake is making stress about other things. Like the fact that we are moving in 3 months and don't know where. In better news, Ben has all his letters of recommendations in (excluding the one weird one for U of Utah), so his applications are now considered complete and are up for review (fingers crossed). He only has one secondary left- Loyola in Chicago (we'll pretend like I'm excited about this one). The reason he's not finished with that one? There are 7 essay questions. Actually there might be more, but you can only see the questions a few at a time, and have to finish them to save and submit them. And then when you are done you have to print it all off and mail it off. Lame. So far we know that he will not be going to the MSTP program (MD/PhD) at University of Rochester of University of Alabama, but he's still up for MD only at those schools, so it doesn't rule them out entirely.
University of Utah is the only school he's been in constant contact with and the lady he keeps talking with makes things sound very promising. Last time he talked to her she mentioned an early interview in October. Of course, she may just say that to everyone. I really hope we never have to do this applying to med school thing again (although we will if we need too). It is very nerve racking. P.S. anyone know anyone on the admissions committees of any med school? Just curious, I think I have some leftover cookies....
No comments:
Post a Comment