Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Little Person

So some time ago, I created a two posts about quirks that Ben and I have. Well, turns out kids come with quirks of their own. I think some of the quirks are just an age thing (like having to dip everything in ketchup). But some of them are very specially Kennady's.

Kennady likes to play in the dirt. For about 5 seconds. Then she looks at her hands, says "mess" and "wash." I then have to convince her that it is ok to have messy hands outside, or we have to go home and wash them.

Kennady hates strings. She freaks out when she sees them. Whether they are attached to her clothing or anything else, they must be removed immediately or she starts to cry.

Lint falls into the same category as strings.

I'm sure as she gets older I'll notice more and more. Hopefully they won't continue to get more and more obsessive compulsive.

In other news, we bought her the monkey harness. She is warming up to it. I haven't used it for it's intended purpose yet, because I haven't really needed to. I decided it was easier to get up really early and do my grocery shopping while she was still asleep and before Ben's classes. The only people at the grocery store were really old. It was very quiet.

And today I would like to give a shout out to Teddy Grahams. Best $2.50 I ever spent. They allowed me, for the first time since Kennady has been born, to take a peaceful shower while she was awake and no one else was home. I suppose Disney deserves some of that credit.

Now if I could only get her to sleep all the way through the night again.

No comments: