Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh yeah...

I almost forgot that I have a blog. Seriously busy. And tired. And I have no pictures. Sorry people. Well, wait, I'll steal some from my mom's blog.

So my parents, The Grand Mother and brother came out on May 20something (a Thursday, the one before Memorial Day). Kennady and I greeted them at the airport. Except Kennady was asleep. Then 3 hours of shopping. Ok, maybe it was only an hour and a half, but it felt like 3. Then pizza. Thursday night Dustin watched Kennady. Well, he was supposed to watch Kennady, but he was tired and slept through her waking up at 2 a.m., so Kendra got the honors. She said she couldn't sleep anyways. Unfortunately it was the one night I got home super late and had to get up super early, so I didn't really get extra sleep. Although more sleep than I would have gotten had I woken up with Kennady.

Friday we went to the Idaho Falls temple with Kendra and Nathan and they were sealed together as a family. It was awesome! Then we all went out for lunch. Then we went to Kendra's ultrasound. She is having a girl. Ha, I knew it, it's a family curse to have a girl first (or some might call it a blessing). I think she is excited now, after a period of adjustment to thinking she was having a boy. At least now she doesn't have to buy anything for the kid (Kendra has 3 nieces that all live within 30 minutes). According to our game of Scrabble tile mixup baby naming, the girl will be named Reagan. The rest of the weekend we just hung out and went shopping and ate food and played guitar hero and other games.

On Monday we all went to the zoo. Kennady loved it. Not as much as Kendra and Dustin, who commandeered her wagon to ride all over the zoo. Until she fell asleep right before getting to see the monkeys, and we stole it back. The Idaho Falls zoo is the world's smallest zoo, full of exotic animals like chinchillas, chickens and llamas. Kennady thought it was the best thing ever, and it was perfect for her attention span. Monday night Kennady and I stayed at Kendra's and Ben came home to sleep and go to classes on Tuesday. Lucky him. Kennady got up at 4:30 and stayed up. That little girl does not like to have her schedule messed with. We lost a lot of sleep that weekend. Tuesday everyone left. Oh, did I mention that it was Kennady's birthday? Ok, maybe it just seemed like it with all the Tinkerbell stuff that grandma brought her. They even had matching Tinkerbell shirts (should have got a picture of that...). Don't worry, we didn't let mom wear it out in public. We told her if she did she had to wear it with a fanny pack and one of those belts with handles.

Wednesday life returned to normal. Or, well, normal for us. I can't really remember what I did, but I seem to recall being busy. Or maybe I was just super lazy. Or in a coma-like state from missing so many hours of sleep. Friday I babysat all day long. And I was soo tired. But I had fun with the little twins who were so happy to see each other. Saturday was veg/clean house/make cookies day. What a wonderful day. Ben had to take a test, but I enjoyed my day, except that I didn't feel very good.

Sunday we went to church. Kennady officially hates nursery. It is very sad, and we are trying to work on making it better. It is very chaotic (so much so that Ben and I voluntarily stayed for the first half because it looked like they could use some help). She likes to yell for Mama (and by yell I mean pathetically scream) until they bring her to me. And then she is perfectly fine. Until she falls out the back of the chair. And then I take her back to nursery. And she does it again. Grrr.

I'm pretty sure my kid is out to make me look like the worst mother in the world. Today was errand day. Kennady hates errands. She hates doing anything that involves her not being completely independent. She doesn't understand why she can't just wander around the store by herself. And she screams. And screams. And throws herself on the floor. Then I strap her in the cart. She screams more, and more loudly. Then she somehow manages to wiggle her way out of the seatbelt and jump out of the cart. Uh, yes, I did catch her before her head hit the cement floor, but just barely. Good thing she was wearing a dress today. Seriously, less than 10 minutes in the store and she had a cookie. And everyone in the store hates me and my screaming child and my coupons. One day we are going to starve because Kennady will render it impossible for me to go grocery shopping. Today there were two freshman girls in front of me in line at the grocery store and they were whining about having to walk 2 blocks home with their groceries (the sun was shining and it was over 60 degrees, I don't understand the problem). However, I saw a very opportunistic moment, and seized it. I offered them a ride home. And they entertained Kennady. And offered to babysit for free anytime, because they love babies and miss babies. And I evilly laughed, silently, to myself. Would I let a complete stranger babysit my kid? In Rexburg? For free? Probably.

Oh, you still want to see those pictures. Well then click here, it will redirect you to my mom's blog. Seriously easier for me.

No comments: