Um, no pictures, sorry. Well, there will be some soon. But I spent all my time uploading the video from the party, because, well, a moving picture is worth a couple thousand still ones. If you want to see them, send me comment with your email and I'll email you the site and password.
So, Kennady's birthday party. We already know how the cake turned out. And nothing terrible happened between Friday night and the party. And I even heard that it tasted good. We had a good turn out, more people than I really expected, but I was very glad to not have a bunch of cake left over. Because we all know that a bunch of cake is the last thing that I need. Kennady had fun digging into her cake, although not making that big of a mess. She was a little grumpy, but seemed to like all the attention. Four kids came, and Kennady had fun playing with them, or picking on them, whatever you call it. We tried to get everyone to play pin the tail on the donkey. Ok, so I couldn't really think of any age-appropriate games for one year olds. And we had pin the tail on the donkey laying around. Kennady was the only one who absolutely refused to play.
And Kennady got spoiled with presents. She got everything on her birthday list this year and then some. Seriously, I don't think that has ever happened to me. Probably because I never bother to put it in list form and can never think of what I want when someone asks me. But next year, watch out, because I might disguise my list as her list ;) The big hit was the Busy Ball Popper that Aunt Kendra got her. The kids were just enthralled with it. Pure genius. I wish I had ideas as good as that.
Speaking of birthday lists- my birthday is in less than a week. I very truly forgot that until yesterday, after getting Kennady's birthday party checked off the list. I don't know what we are going to do. Friday is trunk-or-treat day. Saturday is Halloween- so we can't do anything then because we have to go trick-or-treating. Yes, have to, it's a must, I declare it. Sunday is my birthday, so we're not going to do anything then. Monday? Next weekend? Ehh, who wants to turn 24 anyways? Really I just want to go eat at Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse, Cafe Rio, Olive Garden, Johnny Carinos. Yep, all of them. Our budget has deprived us of eating out. Really, I think it's saved more than money- probably a few thousand unneeded calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment