Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun in the Sun

In case you were wondering why I pretty much never post, especially pictures, I thought I would provide you with an answer. We are having too much fun! The weather is hot, hot, hot and I love it! So does Kennady. We just have to stay out of our unairconditioned car as much as possible. Kennady loves to be outside and has discovered the lake! She likes it a lot better than the pool, because the water is so warm, like a bath. We go out to the lake whenever we get the chance, which is a couple times a week, although Dad doesn't always get to go with us. We also like to use the pool across the street.
She loves splashing in the water, but hates it if you splash her. We have a lot of fun. She loves that she can move around in the water in her little boat. She is now crawling like crazy and trying to keep up with the cats. She is pulling herself up on the furniture, climbing all over everything and today managed to make it up the stairs. She can also climb down from the couch. Luckily she only has a few bruises. She's starting to let go of things and stand for a few seconds before grabbing on for dear life. She took a step once and fell flat on her face- she hasn't tried it again since. This is from today. We went to Ride the Ducks. Kennady loved it and Ben and I had a good time. Kennady (and Ben) got to drive for a minute. Kennady spent most of the time looking over the edge of the boat at the water. I think she would have jumped in if I had let her. She tried to throw a few things in, but we saved them. Kennady thinks ducks are funny. Quacking makes her laugh. And now we have these great quakers. I never thought I would think these things were anything but annoying, but how can I hate something that makes Kennady giggle?

We went out to CofO- a local college, for their annual fireworks show. We attempted to get a good family picture. Kennady is goofy. I wasn't sure if Kennady would like the fireworks or if they would make her scream. She loved them! She was even past her bedtime and without a nap and thought they were great, even though she could barely keep her eyes open. She had fun watching all the aiplanes and helicopters flying in and out of the nearby airport.I just thought this picture was adorable and had to be included. I love that my husband is such a wonderful father! Kennady thinks he's pretty spiffy too.This is Kennady blowing raspberries, one of her favorite pastimes. She especially likes to do this during church. It's usually accompanied by really loud "blah blah blahs."
This is the Nilla Monster- Kennady's newest nickname, and rightfully earned. She loves these things and if she sees the box she must have one. And then another and another, she doesn't even care if it's breakfast. This is both good and bad. Bad for obvious reasons, I could definitely live without her screaming. Good because now I have something to bribe her with. She is starting to figure out that if she is good about eating all her other dinner that I will follow up with a Nilla wafer for dessert. This is what we call a Nilla fit. It doesn't even have to be about a Nilla wafer, just whenever she throws a fit because she wants something she can't have. Please don't remind me to "Just wait until she is two."
Speaking of two-year olds, here she is with Jovie, my cousin's daughter. These too are hilarious together. I am glad I don't have a 8 month old and a 22 month old. What a handful. Kennady is Jovie's baby. Sometimes she shares really well and is really nice and likes to hold Kennady, and other times she gets fed up with her and shoves her. Like I said, we're pretty lucky Kennady only has a few bruises.Well we are sure enjoying the summer and we've got more fun coming up for the 4th of July (and the 3rd and the 6th).

1 comment:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I love all the pictures! It is so fun to see what you three are up to these days. Your baby sure is growing up! Thanks so much for the cute clothes you sent Russell he loved to shred the envelope and through the clothes around the house. But my favorite thing was dressing him up. Thanks again.