Perhaps some of you remember my New Year's resolution to lose some weight and exercise and eat better. Well, let's just say that I haven't been very faithful about it. I exercised a few days, bought some pilates tapes that have barely been opened, haven't lost much weight, and have chowed down on way too much sugary crap. I've done a lot of hem-hawing about needing to get my butt in gear, but couldn't find it within myself to do anything about it. After one too many pictures of myself in a swimsuit, I finally found the motivation. Yesterday I bought shorts, a shirt and an iPod arm band. Then this morning I woke up at 6 a.m., dressed, laced up my shoes, created a playlist, and was out the door. I can't say that I ran very far, in fact really not far at all until I could breathe and had to settle for power walking. But after catching my breath, I ran some more. Overall 30 minutes of running/walking. Let's just say it was a love/hate relationship.
Love: having 1 hour to myself, not having to think about anything for 30 minutes, knowing that if I keep this up I can actually get in shape, iPod arm band and new playlist, that sore exhausted feeling that lets me know I actually did something, getting a few extra minutes with Ben in the morning, the massage I get when I get home
Hate: waking up at 6 a.m., feeling like I can't breath, not making it as far as I wanted to, being tired all day
I guess the loves have it. I still won't say that I love running. Let's not push it.
2 comments:
GO Kortney! You can do! I believe in you! Those are my words of comfort for any mother who runs. Keep up the good mom work as well as the running.
Keep small goals so you stay motivated!!!! Yah, it's fun huh.
Post a Comment