Friday, July 24, 2009

I Win Again

Yesterday, for the first time in uh, I don't even know how many months, but more than nine for sure, I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans! This was without having to jump and shake myself into them. The greatest thing about this is Kennady is now nine months old, which means I have nearly undone the damage in almost the same amount of time as it took to create the damage. I still have some weight to go (15 lbs give or take), but I figure you are actually pregnant like 10 months, and then the first 6 weeks after the baby is born don't even count. So that's like 11 1/2, and we can just round that up to 12. I still don't know that I'll get it all gone by October 21, and even if I did I would still have stretch marks, but hey, I am just happy to fit into my favorite pair of jeans again.

I suppose I have running to thank for this, and perhaps my weak attempt at portion control. I figured I don't have to eat until I am over full, but I just like how food tastes so much. Running hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. Kennady's been a pill (perhaps she is getting another tooth? or maybe she has a cold?) but her sleeping schedule is way out of whack, and we've spent several nights spending many hours in the middle of the night trying to get Kennady to stop yelling, which means waking her up all the way, wearing her out again, and then usually watching some cartoons which melt her brain just enough for her to fall asleep. So when my alarm goes off at 6 a.m. to go run (assuming I just didn't turn it off earlier), I would rather sleep than get up and run. And then the day that I am absolutely determined to run, it's raining. I suppose I could run in the rain, thunder and lightning, but, really, I'm either not that dedicated or just not that crazy.

So last week I ran, um twice, I think, maybe it was only once. This week today has been the only day that I've run. Running makes me nauseous. Seriously. For some reason my super sense of smell gets kicked up a notch when I am running, reminding me of the days when I was pregnant. I smell the fertilizer they put in the grass, I smell dog poop, I smell garbage trucks, stinky flowers, and sometimes even my own sweat. It makes me want to wretch. And then if anyone is mowing their grass anywhere along my route I nearly die: my eyes water, my throat burns and my nose gets all stuffy and sniffly. Despite all this, I am still able to run a little further every time I go (minus the one day where I felt disgusting to begin with, I guess that's what happens when you only eat ice cream for dinner the night before).

P.S. Did I mention I am super excited for the getaway Ben and I are taking in 2 days? Well, I am. And no, you aren't invited. Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you that you fit into your pre-pregnancy jeans.

Have fun on your getaway. I am jealous.

When I get up to run early I give my self full rights to take a nap. !!

Amberly said...

Good work! Pre-pregnancy clothes are great! I also hate running. However, a good jogging stroller was the best baby investment we've made. The boys love it, so I kill two birds with one stone: they stay entertained for an hour, and I get a workout. I usually just speed walk, but the longer I do it, the more frequently I break into a run. Go find yourself a jogger on Craigslist if you can... it's the baby item you never knew you needed!

Amberly said...

Oh my gosh, you're right! I did forget about the hills! But think what an awesome workout you'd have pushing that two-ton stroller up the hills and then chasing it back down! :)