Friday Ben and I got bored, and since it was his day off, we decided to get out of town. We went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, which is an eclectic little town with spings and shops and oddities. I thought it would be a nice relaxing afternoon. Well, turns out it was Blues weekend, their busiest day of the year and there were 3,000 bikers. We also soon discovered that the little town was not stroller friendly (think San Fransisco like hills) and most of the shops didn't allow strollers. We mostly enjoyed it anyways just because it was a day for us to be together.
Saturday Ben had to work. But it happened to be a perfect day for canoeing. Bummer. Ben said I should still go, even though he couldn't. I took my friend Casey from high school. She got the front of the canoe and I got the back. Well about 20 minutes into the trip, we were floating along behind Mica and JB. The river was pretty low so we were all dragging a lot. Well, they got stuck in a shallow spot and in an effort to not ram them, we rammed a big rock, head on, at full speed. Because it was such a split second kind of thing, I didn't have time to brace for impact and went flying off my seat and into the thwart with my left shin and right side. My shin got hit hard enough that it busted the skin open. My right side has a bruise about the size of a softball that is the worst bruise I have ever seen. It pretty much looks like I was in a car accident. Despite the injuries, I still had a good time, although I am pretty sore today. After the canoe trip was Dustin's farewell party at the park and hot dogs were enjoyed by all.
Ok, Kennady says my time is up, so here are some pictures to hold you over.
No comments:
Post a Comment