Today was a good day. Scratch that. Today was a great day. Kennady let us sleep in, on a day where we actually could sleep in, and both Ben and I got to sleep in. Then we woke up, got ready and headed to the air show. Ok, so we spent the next 2 1/2 hours driving there, when it should have been a 15 minute drive. Gotta love large crowds and Branson traffic. But that wasn't so bad because Kennady was either happy or asleep for the most part, it was 65 degrees outside with a nice breeze (perfect for a barely moving car with no a/c), and we didn't run out of gas. Sure, we missed the opening ceremonies, but from what I heard it wasn't much. Oh, and we listened to part of it on the radio and occasionally glimpsed a plane.
The airshow was awesome! I've always wanted to go to one, and this was a good one to go to. It did make me want to learn how to be a wingwalker, but made me definitely not want to be a Thunderbird pilot. For some reason the former looked a lot safer than the latter. Kennady liked the show too, she just watched the airplanes and talked to them. She did not, however, like the best part of the show- the Thunderbirds. F4 Phantoms are a tad loud for drowsy babies. I think I might have permanent hearing loss from covering her ears instead of my own every time they did a pass. Note to self- take ear plugs to next air show. That was about when we decided it was time to leave. And luckily, we made it out before the crowd and we didn't spend 3 hours driving home (like Mom and Dustin).
On the way home we stopped for gas and bought a giant soda. Mmm. I try to avoid soda, but today it was wonderful. Drinks at the show were $3.50 for a little bottle. We got 44 ounces for $.99. Then chicken alfredo for dinner (thank-you Stouffers). And then we played Gamecube and were bums for the rest of the night. I love Saturdays when Ben doesn't have to work. And just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, I put Kennady down in her crib- tired but not asleep- and left the room. Five minutes later she was screaming- but wait- so I went downstairs, put the binky back in her mouth, sang her a song, and she fell promptly asleep. And I didn't have to hold her and she wasn't in my bed. Success.
And since the story of the great day has come to an end and Ben is still not back from WalMart, I shall tell you the story of how I used my girl card today. If you don't know what a girl card is- using your girl card is using your feminine charm and wyly ways to get what you want. I kinda just think it's using your brain, but Ben says it's a girl card. (I'll try to pretend that they aren't the same thing). So, here goes:
Mom got to the airshow early today and saved us seats. We came and joined them later. This you know already. But when we got there Mom and Dustin went off to look at the displays and Ben went to get us some food. When they got back they were all annoyed because security had stopped them and asked to see their VIP passes, which we didn't have. Somehow the area my mom had staked out next to the runway had later become VIP seating. Oops. Well, since all there stuff was already there, and, um, a wife and child, security reluctantly let them though- to get their stuff and leave. Well, needless to say, we weren't going to leave, but we knew that if we did leave again that we wouldn't be able to get back in (and the vendors, bathrooms and everything was outside of the area where we were sitting). The problem was that my aunt Diana was supposed to meet us there with her kids. And the only way for her to find us was for someone to go out. So I devised a plan. On my way out, I stopped the guard and asked if I would need a ticket to get back in. He said that he could just remember me, so I didn't have to go back and get it. So I went and found Diana, and brought her back with me. And the guard that had given them such a hard time, waived me through, and as he started to stop Diana and the kids, I said, "Oh, they're with me." Tada. Ok, so the story wasn't fantastic, but Ben and Dustin were pretty annoyed. And, by the way, our VIP seats were awesome.
The only downside of the day: we forgot a camera. Um, yes, unforgivable. I guess you'll just have to go to your own airshow.
No comments:
Post a Comment