Tuesday, May 5, 2009

From Here to There and Back

So it's been awhile since I posted anything. It's been a long couple of weeks. April 22 we (Mom, Dad, Dustin, Ben, Kennady and I) all piled in a rented van (we didn't have a vehicle large enough to transport all of us) and headed for the Great American West, well maybe Idaho is a little north of there. Technology is a beautiful thing. The van had a DVD player and McDonalds have RedBoxes. And we had wireless headsets. Unfortunately, Kennady couldn't see the movie from her rear facing carseat, so she was not as easily entertained. She was a good baby, especially considering we were in the car for 10-12 hours at a time. We made a stop in Denver, slept, and then continued to Idaho.

Mom Nelson and Grandma Sharp met us there and got to see Kennady for a little bit. Kennady was immediately won over by the mirror book, and was fast friends with her Grandma Nelson. Greg, Kandice, Zachary and Joshua came down and we all went swimming. It was the first time we took Kennady. The swim diapers were huge on her, but she loved the pool. After awhile we were afraid she was getting too cold, so we got out, and she screamed and screamed. Grandma Nelson and Grandma Sharp left early the next morning, and we were sad they couldn't stay longer.

Later that day Ben took Kennady up to see Marlene in Rexburg and went bowling with her, her man of interest, Dad, and Dustin. Kendra treated Mom and I to massages. I've never had a massage before, but now I think I need one more often. Saturday was a whirlwind of flowers, hair, makeup, dresses and pictures, but everything turned out great. I will post pictures someday. Kendra was beautiful, not that anyone is surprised. Sunday we headed back to Denver, in the snow. Man it made us really glad to be back in Missouri for a little longer. We made it home Monday night, a little later than planned, and very tired. But we made a detour on the way home and ate dinner at T-Rex Cafe in Kansas City. It's the coolest place I've ever been to eat. Kennady was entranced by all the fish tanks.

Thursday Kendra and I got to go shopping for something to wear to the bridal shower while Ben, Mom and Nathan watched Kennady. It was a nice treat for me. The bridal shower was very pink and I think it went well. The reception here was on Friday and it was great. Nicole did all the food and cake, and she is amazing. If anyone needs a caterer, she's a great pick. Grandma & Grandpa Ellis, Mike, Cheryl, and Mary and Ian came up from Texas and we had fun visiting with them.

Ben just got a new job and we are both really excited about it. Monday he will start working as a pharmacy technician at Walgreens. It's a little better pay, and something he is definitately more interested in. Plus they might be able to transfer him when we move all over the place. He'll still have to work some nights I am sure, but it won't be Tuesday-Saturday from 3:30 to midnight.

Well, speaking of Midnight, that's what time it is here, and Ben is home, so that will have to be the end of this post.

1 comment:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Sounds like you two have been super busy. I am way Jealous that you got to see a lot of the fam. Its a bummer about the annoying strangers.I found it best to thank them for their opinion and move on. Some of the advise I use and some just makes me mad. I am sure you are doing a good job and I know it isn't easy that is for sure. But I know you have Kennady's best interested in mind and love her very much. We Love you lots Happy mothers day
Tell Ben congrats on the new job. Sounds like a great one