Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Young and Old

Well, somehow Ben got the entire weekend off, which I didn't think was possible. But I guess my dirty looks told him how upset I would be if it didn't happen. Mom watched Kennady all day Saturday and we drove up to St. Louis with my brother and his girlie. We went to Six Flags! And we got season passes (for an awesome deal) so we can go back whenever we want. We had a ton of fun and it made us feel young again. And old in some ways. Young in that we didn't have a baby to worry about all day (ok, I did worry just a little, that she was screaming and throwing a fit and Grandma was about to pull all of her hair out--but turns out Kennady was an angel all day...what a stinker). And we just ran around the whole day having fun. Old in that the rides made me sick! Me, the queen of roller coasters, who used to ride them over and over and over again, and didn't get the slightest bit dizzy. What a bummer. We just had to throw in a few milder rides between the big ones, and it was alright. I rode the train for the first time in my life. Who rides the train? Anyways, it was a lot of fun, but I was totally beat at the end of the day (well, long before that to be honest, but there was no way I was giving into the old person side).

Monday we were supposed to go canoeing, but of course, on the only day everyone has off we get the remnants of a tropical storm and it rains all day. I really want to go canoeing, it's been a long time. Instead we went over to the Allphins and played games all day. Way for the Wii. I played DDR, for the first time in a long time, and somehow my hiatus has improved my skill. What a work out! Ok, maybe not as good as running the mile or anything, but I dare say it was better than my pilates tape. The next time we come across $300 we don't need, I'm buying a Wii. Hahaha, that makes me laugh.

No comments: