Ok, so maybe Kennady isn't a year old yet, but I feel like I've been a mom for a year. All the worrying and love starts with pregnancy, so I figure that's when you're a mom. Mothers' Day this year was pretty low key for us. Ben made fantastic breakfast for me and my mother. It was wonderful! Sometimes I forget how good of a cook he is. And he was extra helpful that day with Kennady- I think I changed maybe 1 diaper. And he let me get a nap, which was pretty much the best thing I could have asked for. I still can't believe how hard it is, and how much energy it takes to be a mom. I don't know how my mom did it. And I don't know how Ben's mom did it. What wonderful women!
Kennady is growing so fast, and becoming quite the little stinker. First, literally, she stinks. I guess that's what semi-solid foods do to a kid. It's a good thing she's really cute. Second, she has some very bratty tendencies. I can't even imagine what it will be like when she hits the terrible twos. She wants what she wants when she wants it, and if she doesn't get it she does the really loud bratty cry/scream, arches her back and tries to throw herself to the ground. Luckily, she's mostly easily distracted and a verse or two of the little duck song brings her out of her tantrum. But overall, she really is a sweetheart.
She loves to eat. And eat and eat and eat. If all our kids eat like their dad, we are going to be in trouble. For most milestones she's right at her age level, but when it comes to eating, she seems to figure things out a lot quicker. Grandma bought a high chair for her (just in time, because she figured out how to escape the Bumbo) and she loves to sit in it and eat Cheerios. Yum! And she loves her juice. And she tries to eat everything that mom and dad eat, we are pretty good at keeping her away from our dinner, but sometimes she manages to get her hands on it.
She started sticking her tongue out a lot, and it's really cute. She also started blowing raspberries and spitting all over the place, that's not as cute. She got her 6 month shots and did really well with them. She didn't even whimper on the first one, and on the second, she just yelled like she was mad for a minute. She got really cranky after that, and we thought it was the shots, and then we discovered she is getting her first tooth! I can't believe it. She is trying really hard to crawl, but just can't figure it out and it makes her mad. Hopefully she'll figure it out soon, because it woud make her a happier baby.Noe here's some more pictures for any of you that may feel deprived.


2 comments:
Oh thank you for all the pictures. We were feeling deprived. Sounds like your little is growing so fast. we miss you guys.
So, I just caught up on all your posts..I have not been much in the blogging world for a while. :( But, anyway, there was tons I wanted to comment on but off the top of my head - - people DO need to mind their business. ("mind your bid-ness, that's all...just mind your bid-ness!" Fresh Prince, anybody?) It's mind boggling what some people will say to you about your own child, especially when there are children actually being neglected, harmed and put in danger out there. Seriously? You want to talk about my kid? Anyway, I totally feel you on that one! Another thing...she is so so so cute. And I can say that easily over the internet without touching her face with my germy hands, thank you. :)
I just think you guys are the cutest little family. Can't wait to hear about more, now that I'm back to trying to keep myself updated again!
Mandy
Post a Comment