Saturday, February 28, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too!

Insert really handsome picture of husband here. Mmm, okay, so I have a lot of those, even some of him blowing out candles on the cake. But getting pictures in the same blog with meaningful words is beyond my capability. Kennady's attention span is not that long. And she is starting to use her hands more, so either she swats at the keyboard or she claws my arm with those razor sharp fingernails, that no matter how often and how well I trim, are always razor sharp. Perhaps that is her super power.

Oh, yes, back to the birthday boy. Ben turned 24 on Wednesday! We celebrated Tuesday night, because Wednesday was crazy hectic as we tried to juggle cars. Ben actually brought me lunch on his birthday, because the timing of everything fell apart. We only had five minutes to eat and see each other, but at least Kennady was asleep. Ben had to help with the 11 year old scouts on his birthday, so he went straight to the church from work (well, he actually popped in, kissed me and ran back out the door). Then we went to dinner around 8:30 at night. We were both so hungry and tired we barely talked as we inhaled our food. By the time we were finished and went to go get his birthday ice-cream, they were closed. Blast.

But Tuesday was better. I threw a birthday party for Ben- complete with Transformer plates, napkins, cups, streamers and balloons. And thanks to the cake decorating skills I picked up from Berenice in Alaska, he had a sweet Transformer cake, that was almost red. And, due to the fact the Mexican wedding cake is so sticky it won't come out of cake pans, he had two cakes. The second one was a smiley face. And, per request, we had roast and potatoes for dinner. What did I get Ben for his birthday you ask? The same thing he got me for Valentine's Day, which is the same thing we got each other for Christmas. We've decided we owe ourselves a nice vacation this year.

Thursday was a rough day all around. Ben headed off to work at 4 a.m. Kennady decided since dad was up, she should be up too. Ben's allergies are terrible and he came home and sat with a wet rag over his face so his eyes wouldn't swell shut. Don't worry, it snowed today, so that should help with the allergies. I wasn't feeling well, and Kennady was super fussy, and every article of clothing that all three of us was dirty. So I skipped bellly dancing and felt pretty guilty for it, but not as guilty as I would have felt if I left my screaming child home with my sleep deprived husband and made them both do the laundry.

Friday we used to catch up on sleep and run some errands. Our taxes are finished and mailed!!! Ben felt guilty that he didn't do the taxes, but I explained that I actually like doing taxes, especially when we get money back. And I just like to fill out forms and do math in general. I am so weird, I know. I really should have been an accountant. If I ever get the chance to go back to school, that'll be what I do. I wish I had thought of it 4 years ago. I got my hair cut! It's the first time since a month or so before Kennady was born. It was long overdue. It's super cute. Maybe I'll get a picture of it someday. Then we went out for dinner. We splurged. We went to Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse. Yumm. Ben got lobstertail and steak, and I got a steak. And then we got a Texas size dessert- peach bread pudding, about the size of a basketball. All for $20. Yep. First, the dessert was free, because it was Ben's birthday! Second we got a coupon, spend $40 and get $20 off. If anyone is interested in the coupon, let me know and I'll email it to you, it's only good until March 9.

No comments: