Saturday, February 28, 2009

7 Things

7 Things I Can Do
1. Taxes, math and filling out repetitive forms. And I can enjoy it. Oh the simplicity. If only everything was that easy. Or at least if only everything came with instructions, no matter how long and how much reading it takes to understand them.
2. Cook. Well. Mostly. I've liked cooking since I was little. I'm not quite Top Chef material, but maybe in a decade or so, assuming I have nothing else to do between now and then. My mom used to let me help her cook. And she still does. Sometimes something turns out not so well, and then I usually cry. Another reason why in a decade or so I could be on Top Chef.
3. Get from point A to point B with only a map, having never been there before. And, no, I don't mean Mapquest, just a map. And sometimes, I can get there without a map by just following road signs. And Remember how to get from point A to point B, without a map, once I've been there once before. Ben still doubts this, but I can remember how to get from here to Idaho and then on to his house in Oregon, and not get lost once.
4. Guess the plots of nearly all movies within the first 15 minutes. Even the one's that are supposed to have a crazy twist. I do get stumped on occasions, and then I consider the movie a work of genius. I like M. Night Shyamalan.
5. Remember random things. Mostly people's birthdays and telephone numbers. I'm talking about grade school friends who I haven't talked to in at least 15 years. Now just because I can remember everyone's birthday doesn't mean that I will remember to tell them happy birthday on their birthday. That's a different kind of remembering. Like the difference between hearing and listening.
6. Come up with really good comebacks that are usually unkind. I try to avoid this talent. But it's hard, because it's so funny, and I'm mean. I mostly reserve it for certain people, the ones that aren't too easily offended and get over things quickly, and only then when I can no longer resist. So if I am ever biting my tongue, you really don't want to know what I was about to say.
7. Eat an entire tub of ice-cream by myself in one sitting without feeling sick afterward.

7 Things I Cannot Do
1. Get things out of the oven without burning myself without awesome oven mitts. I own awesome oven mitts, but they have been stuck in our storage for most of their lives.
2. Slice an apple in my hand. I have to set it down to slice it.
3. Put down a good book. I read them almost nonstop from cover to cover and then wish I had read slower and enjoyed it more.
4. Read a book more than once. I hate knowing what is going to happen. I've tried before, thinking that it'd been so long that I wouldn't remember, but as I started reading the book it all came flooding back to me.
5. Sleep on my stomach. Sleep without a blanket. Or sleep with socks on.
6. Touch my toes.
7. Parallel park. Ok, I did it for my driver's test and then I did it once in real life (it took me 15 minutes and it still sucked). The thought of having to do it makes me want to cry.

7 Things I Say Often
1. Are you mad at me?
2. The lyrics to I Am a Child of God, all three verses. Kennady likes to hear it to go to sleep. And only that song. Over and over. And I have to sing it. I've tried other songs, and she screams until I sing that one, and then as soon as I start she calms down and closes her eyes.
3. Where's your binky?
4. Do we have any plans?
5. I love you.
6. Hey Ben, do you wanna get me some water?, a blanket, etc. (I've been told this is not the correct way to ask for things. I'm working on it. Old habits die hard).
7. You're a monkey. Gotta curb this one too before Kennady thinks her name is monkey.

7 Things I Love About Ben
1. How beautiful he thinks I am and he remembers to tell me everyday.
2. How hard he works, even when it's not the thing he likes to do the most, and how little he complains about it.
3. How romantic he wishes he was, and sometimes is. It's the cutest thing ever.
4. The way he giggles about things when he gets really tired.
5. How considerate and helpful he is to me, and well, everyone. He's still changed more diapers than I have, although I shall soon catch up because he's working again.
6. How awesome of a dad he is. He loves to play with Kennady and she loves him. She gets mad sometimes when he is gone all day.
7. How even if this list was 77 things I love about Ben I would still have things that wouldn't get a spot.

7 Favorite Foods
1. Strawberry shakes
2. Cheesecake
3. Cheese fries
4. Ice cream, vanilla or real strawberries
5. King Ranch Casserole
6. Chicken strips
7. French fries

7 People I Tag
1. Mom
2. Jeff
3. Monique
4. Kristi
5. Kendra
6. Sarah
7. Yesenia

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

Totally cute post!
I am having a hard time forming any thoughts right now...gotta get myself to bed...but I have to say KING RANCH CASSEROLE??? I LOVE that! I guess it must have come from the Ellis side of the family...I suppose I never questioned its origins. When I lived in Provo for a while, every time it was my turn to cook dinner, my roommates requested it. Gotta love it.
Seriously. We should live near unto each other someday. We could cook together, bellydance together, call our kids names together, brag about our husbands together, etc.
It would be fun...
Mandy