I've been slacking on the blog a bit lately. Although I figured the video of Kennady laughing is so cute that people will watch it over and over again, buying me some time before my next post. Right?
The truth is that I've been enjoying spending time with my husband and my sweet little girl. Ben has 2 jobs, but neither one of them has started yet. I guess that's what you get in the off season. This is not quite what we were planning for when we moved here, I figured it would take some time to find a job, but not so long. However, I still feel pretty fortunate, because from what I can gather, Rexburg is hurting even more for jobs right now. Ben also found out he received a scholarship and a grant (the scholarship is from his internship and the grant is from the brain project that he's spent so much time working on), which is a big help to us. We have really been blessed to have all that we need. I think a lot of those blessings come from Ben's willingness to work hard and us paying our tithing.
Ben does actually start working soon. He has orientation at Old Navy either this Thursday or Friday. He doesn't know when exactly he'll be working that job, it will just depend when they need him during the hours he's available. He starts working a deep cleaning job on Monday, and he'll be working 4 10-hour days, Monday through Thursday. Kennady and I are sure going to miss being able to spend so much time with him.
So I think I am starting to get the hang of this mom thing. I think newborns just aren't my thing. Next time I have a newborn I think I will ship him/her to Mandy's house for a few months. Perhaps we can start a child exchange program. I still have many moments when being a mom is frustrating, but they are much fewer. Kennady is a doll. She smiles and coos and giggles and interacts. So maybe she is less like a doll and more like a real person. She is still so little (I'm going to thank Ben's genes for that) so it doesn't wear me out to lug her around. She loves to snuggle and I still get to rock her to sleep. She sleeps like an angel. Or at least I hope angels get to sleep a lot, I'm looking forward to it someday. Rarely does she wake up in the middle of the night. Yesterday Ben and I took her to a movie. She drank some of a bottle, stared at the movie screen for a little while and then fell asleep and slept through the rest of the movie. Granted, we did have to see Bride Wars instead of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, because the second is twice as long as the first. But nonetheless, we were able to see an entire movie. I'm aware this probably won't be the case in a few months, but, hey, I'll take whatever I can get. And whoever told me that the sleeping through the night wouldn't last- you were wrong (thankfully).
It's fun to watch her get bigger and older and watch her learn new things. She holds her head up, does push ups, has found her hands and sucks on her bottom lip. I just wish I could hit the pause button sometimes. Soon she'll be texting on her cell phone, rolling her eyes and telling me "whatever." And I'll still love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment