Well, there are cuter pictures of Kennady but they are in digital picture limbo land. There is a great story to go with this picture. Kennady is starting to use her hands these days. Mostly she likes to lick them and suck on them. But she also uses them to get toys to her mouth so she can lick and suck on those. Today she figured out how to make her toy make noise. And she made it make noise over and over again. That was one thing I was not looking forward to. But here's the story of the picture.In the mornings after Kennady eats (somewhere between 5 and 7 am) she usually gets to snuggle with Dad in our bed so we can all get a little more sleep. Normally she falls asleep really quickly, but this particular morning she was a little fussy. We've found that if we put our hand on her face she grabs onto it and settles down. The problem with this is that she grabs on with a death grip and nearly draws blood with her little nails, and then when she does fall asleep you risk waking her up when you move your hand. So I thought of giving her Ookie- go ahead Google it.
Grandma Nelson sent us this little doll, and despite it's almost creepy facelessness, it's cute and snuggable. Kennady latched onto this doll, and immediately fell asleep. Now we take it with us and it sits with her in her car seat. Yay for simple things that make baby happy! I can't believe she is 4 months old already.
2 comments:
So, I just caught up on all your blogfulness and it was really fun. Your baby is growing so much! You guys are such cute parents. I love it. Oh, I do miss having a newborn. Well, except for all the parts that you know all too well are not miss-able. Mostly those things revolving around no sleep and being a walking food production machine.
I feel famous that you mentioned me on your blog...unless there's another Mandy who loves babies out there...
I would be completely willing to strike a deal with you, though it does involve you relocating to here. It is the same deal I intend to strike with my sisters when they have babies. As long as it doesn't happen until my kids are in school, I will totally play nanny to any newborn who will have me! My kids have to be in school so that, during the day when I'm not as needed (as nighttime is when most moms would choose to have a nanny on call) I can sleep. :) That's the key, I tell ya. Sleep!
I'm so glad she is sleeping through the night for you! That is fantastic.
I so relate to the dangers of motherhood you speak of. We are the same. Something about motherhood makes you long for others who know what you're dealing with. I always like having another on board the "holy crap, this is what I signed on for?" train. :)
Isn't it fun though? What a cute little blanket doll. I have issues with the blankets that have heads on them but I finally caved with Ben because they are just so handy. And soft. And...
that is enough rambling for one comment. Maybe next time I'll just email you!
Mandy
Just checking in to let you know I'm checking up :D Love you all.
Post a Comment