Friday, June 7, 2013

To-Do

I'm a list-making kind of girl. I like making lists. The lists like me. I get more done when I have a list. Or at least I don't feel like I am losing my mind as often. But somehow in the craziness of all this random cross country adventuring I've been doing with my two little ones in tow, I forgot about lists. And then today, or yesterday, I remembered them. And I made a list:

Today:
Fold laundry
Put away laundry
Do kids' laundry
Send Ben's statement for editing
Dishes
Picture and list things for sale
Make dinner

Tomorrow:
Sew Chelsea's carseat canopy
Clean bedroom

Today's list now looks like this:
Fold laundry
Put away laundry
Do kids' laundry
Send Ben's statement for editing
Shower
Dishes
Picture and list things for sale
Make dinner

That's right. I finished it all. That very rarely happens. AND I got in some bonuses: a shower, brushing my teeth, and baking cookies. AND the dinner I made was not some slap-it-together-last-second kind of meal. It was cajun chicken linguini alfredo and cheddar bay biscuits. From scratch (ok, I didn't make the noodles, I've actually never done that). The cookies were from a box (because I like to buy discounted food (that's another post) and because Kennady wanted to make them herself). AND all of said dinner was hot and ready at the same time. AND the living room was perfectly clean the moment Ben walked in the door (Kennady was super cooperative and cleaned and vacuumed it all by herself to earn cookies). I felt accomplished.

What? You don't have simple things like taking showers and making dinner on your to-do list? You must not be a stay at home mom. And you should, because it's nice to take a shower and cross something off your list at the same time. Also, it's not as lovely as it sounds, because Korban screams the entire time with his face pressed up against the shower door, but luckily he still can't open it. When he figures that out I may never get a shower again. Except on Saturdays.

Also, I'd like to add that I woke up before 6 am this morning. Everyone else was still sleeping peacefully for once. Well, everyone except child #3. He was punching my already full bladder. And then two, and then a third, people were snoring in my bed. I almost got up and made breakfast. Really, I was super close.

Tomorrow's list is a long shot. I should also probably add "get children dressed" to that list.

And there you go, another boring post. At some point things will get more interesting around here, I promise. I'm not extremely excited about that, nor do I promise to post when it happens. But I will have more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean about the shower! Sometimes I wonder if I'll get one too, and I only have one kid! Good luck with today's list... If you don't get to the carseat cover I totally understand! :)