Thursday, May 30, 2013

Good News/Bad News

Yep, it's time for one of those posts again.

Good news: I'm no where close to having a baby. I'm only 23 1/2 weeks along, so this is still good news for another 14 weeks or so.
Bad news: I'm having regular contractions on somewhat regular basis. They make me tired, sore and grumpy.
Good news: I'm not on bedrest and don't have to take any drugs, yet.
Bad news: Because the baby is sitting so low, I'll probably continue to have regular, consistent contractions until A) the baby moves up or B) I actually go into labor and deliver a baby (not for the next 15 weeks, preferably).
Good news: The nurse was eventually able to find the kids heartbeat, after a good 5 minutes with the doppler and a super concerned look on her face. I wasn't concerned at all, because the baby had spent the previous 5 minutes using my bladder as a punching bag.
Bad news: I lost weight, again.
Good news: My belly is still growing, so the doctor says the baby is doing great. Also, he encouraged me to eat more (I guess I'll throw in a second lunch to go with my second dinner and second breakfast?)

Good news: Kennady was super cooperative at the dentist and got x-rays and a full teeth cleaning. I daresay she actually had a lot of fun, since she left with a Dora toothbrush, a bouncy ball, a blown up rubber glove with a face on it, a sticker and a super hero cape.
Bad news: Korban was way less cooperative, got no xrays, and no teeth cleaned.
Good news: He did let the dentist examine his teeth.
Bad news: He did bite the dentist.
Good news: It wasn't that hard. Also, the dentist said the enamel on his teeth looks good and he didn't see any cavities.
Bad news: Kennady's teeth didn't fair so well. She has 6 cavities in her molars. 6. I'll just let you guess how much that costs.
Good news: We have pretty good dental insurance. And we will definitely be getting our money's worth out of it this year.

Good news: Ben and I have finally agreed on a name for baby boy. It may or may not end up actually being his name, but at least we have agreed on one name we both like, so he won't be nameless.
Bad news: It's a secret. I guess that's just bad news for you. Once I find a name I like, I don't really like hearing other people's negative opinions about it. It's not helpful. And, unless you're my husband, you don't have any say in what I name my baby (except that one time I opened it up on Facebook, but I'll give you a hint in that it was not a name that was mentioned).
Good news: You'll get to find out what we've named him after he's born and it's on his birth certificate. And, hey, we could have kept the gender a surprise from everyone, too, so at least we didn't do that.


No comments: