Or catsup. Catch up.
First, we fixed the dryer. After we took it all apart, we found a screwdriver bit lodged in the bearings. Easy fix. No parts necessary. Best thing, I still had enough time to cancel my Amazon order. Also noted that you should probably empty pockets when doing laundry.
Now on to pictures. And what we've been doing. A lot of this:
 |
| This is Della, my niece. |
|
|
Ok, so actually, we've not been sleeping all that much. We've been working and having lots of fun instead. Summer is upon us, so why sleep? I mean, no one sleeps in Alaska during the summer, so why should we sleep here? Ok, we sleep more than the people in Alaska in the summer. We've been hanging out with cousins- Russell, Scott, Della usually at least once a week- and then Kendra and Eisley came down this last week. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of Eisley, one because she hates having her picture taken, and two because she and Korban together give a whole different meaning to the word trouble. Kennady and Eisley had a lot of fun playing together though.
 |
| We went to the park a lot. |
 |
| We went to the kiddie amusement park (Eisley and Kendra are probably on the last car in the picture). |
One of the times we went to the park, we picked up Scott and Russell to go too. They wanted to ride their bikes, and soon everyone wanted to ride to the park. Korban and Kennady decided to trade halfway there, so Kennady got in the push car, and Korban took the trike. He loved it. When it was time to leave the park he insisted that he got to ride the trike. He can't peddle, he just scoots. He wanted to ride it ALL the way back to Kristi's house. "Ride bike," he kept saying. I kept asking if I could help him or push him, "No ME!" So we slowly scooted all the way back. All the rest of the kids got there well before Korban and were eating popsicles. The poor kid was so exhausted, but so determined. He rode the trike all the way into the garage before he would even go get a popsicle!
Some other things that have been keeping us busy:
 |
| Petting pigs at the library. And other animals. They do some pretty fun stuff at the library in the summer, and it's just across the street for us. Also, we just like going to the library and getting new books and movies. |
 |
| Making strawberry jam. Yum. Sadly, this is nearly all gone. I ran out of containers and freezer space. I guess I'll have to make another batch sometime. |
 |
| Dodging sharks. In the shower. I cleaned the shower. After this picture was taken. There's a reason it's in black and white. Also, cleaning a shower while pregnant is not so fun. |
 |
| Getting cavities filled. All 6 of them. Boo. Kennady was a real trooper though. |
 |
| Playing with Scott and Russell. I think there will be much more of this throughout the summer. |
And where is Ben? Working. Boo. Lots of work. Actually we are grateful that he does work. And that he has work. And now that he has extra work. P.S. those medical school applications are in. And 1/10 of the secondaries. And Ben still does an occasional load of laundry (even if he does forget to empty the pockets :)
And me? Besides chasing after the crazy kiddos. Sewing. Yup. Finishing up some projects and trying to make some money. I don't really love sewing, but it's kind of fun when you are done sewing and you made something. Especially when someone buys it. Also, I'm now 27 weeks pregnant and nearly into the third trimester, just in time for summer. Three cheers for swollen ankles. The pregnancy is going great, and I'm guessing that since I didn't get a call from my OB office today that I passed my glucose screening? Either that or they forgot or something. I'm hoping for the first. Baby boy is doing fantastic and still growing and kicking like crazy.
Also, I forgot to mention that Korban had his two year checkup. He's gained 2 1/2 pounds since we took his adenoids out and grown an inch and a half. He still has a tiny head in the 7%. His speech has improved drastically, and his sleep was hopeful until he started cutting his back molars. We're hoping for more improvement in that area once he's finished teething (his poor gums were bleeding the other day :()
No comments:
Post a Comment