Oops, I started this post, and then forgot to finish it or publish it.
Man, time flies when you are trying to organize your house.
So, first, my weight loss challenge ended this morning. I lost 16 pounds in the last 8 weeks, that's really super close to 10% of my weight. Fantastic. Seriously. I definitely still have some work ahead of me, but I think that is a great way to start out losing weight. For the most part, I had fun, and it was a great challenge for me. My oober competitiveness comes in handy with things like these, and I actually got my butt to the gym at least 3 times a week, and worked out 5 times per week for 45 minutes. And I drastically cut back on my sweets intake. I still haven't made my mile goal, I've got another 30 seconds to shave off. But I feel like I'm in better shape by far, even if I still hate running. I do plan to keep going to the gym. I like it, the kids like it, and it makes us all happier. Oh, and as a bonus, I did win the points portion of the challenge, and the prize $ to go with it.
My parents got into town on Saturday night. We had a nice day with them yesterday and a good breakfast this morning. Kennady is so excited. They headed down up to Kendra's for the week, and then we'll be joining them on Christmas, and then they'll be spending the next week at our house. I'm pretty excited that it's Christmas. I'm really excited now that I can start baking!
We did manage to get the house pretty clean and organized before they got here. Just 2 closets to organize, and then we'll be set. We unpacked our last box from the move. I finally feeling like we actually live somewhere. In fact, tomorrow we are getting a king size bed. Two adults and two children simply don't fit in a queen size bed. It's just now occurring to me that we are going to need new sheets and bedding, and I'm working on the bed frame. I think I have another project for Ben :)
Update: I gained back 2-3 pounds in the last couple weeks. I was planning on that happening though, because it was my break, and now I'm back to trying to get off some of these extra pounds again.
No comments:
Post a Comment