Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Year in Review

I'm afraid this year was fairly boring by our standards. I mean, Ben worked at the same job for the entire year. This will be the first year we will ever pay income taxes in only one state. We actually did move again this year, but it was a 5 mile move, and I wasn't pregnant, I didn't have a brand new baby, Ben wasn't in school, and no one was sick, and we had people help us move. It was the easiest move ever. The best move ever too. We love our 3 bedrooms and tons of storage space. I feel like we're in a place where we're not busting at the seams. We do wish we didn't have upstairs neighbors, but, well, we do. Ben didn't apply to any schools this year. Don't worry, we're not done, just taking a break. He'll be applying to lots of schools this year. Korban's not a baby anymore. He walks and runs and climbs and kind of talks. He's still the snuggliest little guy ever. We took two trips to Missouri this year. My brother got home from his mission. We got a new niece. I got a gym membership. Roxanne died :(

In 2013 we're looking forward to being boring again! Trust me, we could use another boring year. One without a move. Maybe a new/same job for Ben (it's complicated). Just spending time with our little family before life gets really crazy again. In 2014, Kennady will start Kindergarten, and Ben will probably be back in school, and I don't think things will ever be the same for us after that.

My resolution for this year? To enjoy it. Stop stressing about never getting out of the house or getting my house as clean as I want. My kids are LITTLE and they won't be for much longer. Then I'll have time to clean the house and wash dishes as I cook. Now is the time for boxes of cereal dumped on the floor, patty cake, and tea parties. Oh, and take more pictures. That should be easy, with my iPhone and new camera. I may even find time for a photography class.

No comments: