Monday, January 28, 2013

Something's Gotta Give

Um, sometimes, something's gotta give. And recently it's been the blog. Sorry folks! Really we're all doing great here. Korban needs a little extra TLC these days. It seems he's hit the terrible twos a little prematurely. We've been working on (successfully) getting him more sleep, and it seems to help, when it does work. Hopefully he can stop falling asleep at dinner and after 10 seconds of being in his carseat. We're still working on seeing about his tonsils, we're just trying to get insurance stuff ironed out.

Our most exciting news- we're adding to our family! Ok, so we already did. We bought a new car! It's yet to be named, or really photographed. It's been covered in snow since pretty much the day we bought it. This is a picture the dealer took. So far, we love it. It gets better gas mileage than our car, has 6 easily accessed seats and sliding doors. It's also red, which we know I like. The biggest plus is that it means we have two cars, so I can easily get out of the house during the day. This is one feature that we've not used nearly as much as I would have liked in the last 2 weeks.

The weekend we bought the car the kids and I came down with the flu. I got hit the hardest, probably because my flu shot was scheduled for later that week, while the kids got theirs back in November. That Monday I tried my hardest not to get out of bed (which means I still got out of bed, because I have two kids). Kennady was running a high fever by that evening, but perked up pretty quickly the next day. I was down Tuesday, too. Korban had a bit of a runny nose and Ben got the sniffles and a sore throat. The entire week was pretty much shot for us. We are all feeling better again now.

Ben and I got to go on an actual date. Ok, so we did go on a date a couple of weeks ago, to the car dealership, which wasn't exactly what we had planned, but it turned out nicely. This Saturday Dan came over and watched the kids so we got to go the temple AND out to dinner. At a Mexican restaurant that I was very happy with. Their green salsa is AMAZING and I plan to figure out how to make it soon, and then wow all of you with it (well, all of you who come over and visit me).

Ben's been awfully busy at work. Ok, so he could be busier, and I'm not complaining about the overtime, but it's made for some long days for me with the kids. The gym is still a nice break in our day, but it would be even nicer if the childcare didn't close from 2-4. I'm currently in 4th place for points for the weight loss challenge, and like 8th for percentage. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to win this one (there are some extremely competitive guys in this challenge, one of whom lost 5% of his body weight in one week, which, I think is cheating, but whatever).

Oh, and I am so ready for winter to be over. SO READY. This weather is cold and stupid and I hate snow. Sure, it's all cute and fun to play with at first, and then it turns into a rabies-infected monster after a few months. My kids want to go outside and play! I want to enjoy the sunshine. I think I've done my time in cold climates. Sure, they are nice during the summer, but winter is too long. I'm pretty sure I'll be one of those old people who lives in Florida during the winter when I grow up. And I'll get a season pass to DisneyWorld. 

No comments: