Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

 I uploaded all the pictures from my phone. Isn't he just the cutest?
 After it snowed, we got fall back. In fact, yesterday was the warmest Halloween on record in Salt Lake. It was perfect. This was last Saturday, the kids had fun playing in the leaves.

 We went to the zoo on Monday with Russell, Scott and baby Della (not pictured). The kids loved it. And this is probably the best picture we've gotten of the four of them, ever.
 Monday we carved pumpkins. Ben got creative.
 Korban got to paint his, it's on the far left. Then mine, Kennady's and Ben's.
 Kennady wore her costume all day on Halloween. She woke up around 6 and came bounding into our room asking if it was time to go trick-or-treating yet. I told her she had to wait until after lunch. We did go right after lunch. We went up to the hospital to visit Mindy and got candy. Then we went to lunch with Ben at Corner Bakery. Yum. I love that place. Then I headed to the costume shop to pick up my hat. I tried to make my own hat, but, well, I overestimated my sewing abilities. That and I waited until the day before Halloween to start. Then home, by then it was 3:30, and I spent the next hour and a half doing my makeup and getting everyone ready for trick-or-treating. The kids got PB&honey sandwiches, and Ben and I didn't get time to eat.
 We did, however, look awesome. We were the first trick-or-treaters out. We had planned to head down to Rob & Kristi's, but Ben and both of the kids are sick, and we didn't want to infect their kids. So we just did our neighborhood. That fence you see in the background, that's the fence Ben put up. He still has two sides left. So Mom Nelson made all of our capes. I altered mine to make the hood into a collar, and added the purple fringe. I am so lucky to have Mom help with our Halloween costumes, or else we would never have these awesome costumes every year. She is an amazing seamstress, and I'm still a beginner (not to mention super slow).
Here's the loot we brought home. So we went around our entire neighborhood. We went up one street until we got to Kennady's friend Jane's house. Then Jane and her family joined us. We walked down the other side. When we got back to our house, Ben took Korban in, although he protested that he wasn't finished. He loved getting candy and was such a cute little ham he got a ton of it. Kennady and I kept going. We ended up hitting one side of one street a second time. I tried to explain to Kennady that it was against the rules, but she insisted, and she's such a cute 4 year old princess that nobody seemed to mind. We stopped back at Jane's house and the girls played for a little bit, and Natalie was kind enough to feed me some taco soup. Then we lapped back around the neighborhood for a second time. We were the last trick-or-treaters out in the neighborhood.

Also, I didn't eat a single piece of that candy. It was still fun. Oh, and no one tried to break into our house last night. My brother and sister did call to wish me a happy birthday at 1 am, and woke up Korban, the sick kid. The one time I forgot to silence my phone.

1 comment:

Clan de Carlson said...

Naw.. when we called we didn't hear a child, so it wasn't us that woke him up. He just woke up afterwards by coinkdinky if anything! Duh.