I am starting to really stink at this blogging thing. It's hard to have interesting things to talk about when you only make it out of the house once a week.
Ok, so I make it out of the house more often than that, we make it to the gym at least 3 times a week. The kids love the gym, because there is an indoor playground, movies, and crafts, and toys, and other kids to play with. I love the gym because they always do Kennady's hair, and I get a little bit of peace in a day otherwise filled with lots of whining. I still don't particularly enjoy working out. I got my mile down to 10 minutes. Yeah, I know, not exactly a track star. But, that's better than I did in high school. I seriously hate running. My knees also hate running, so I don't do it every day I go to the gym. Maybe once a week. A couple more weeks of this, and I think I'll honestly be in better shape than I was in high school. Not as skinny. Haha, I highly doubt that is even possible. I have lost 11 pounds. Sadly, I am no where closer to being able to fit in my "skinny" jeans, which are really my fat jeans, which are actually bigger than the fat jeans I never had in high school. I think having two kids has permanently altered my body (big surprise there, huh?). I am definitely feeling skinnier. I lost 4.5 pounds over the week of Thanksgiving. There were bonus points up for grabs that week, and being me, I had to have them. So I worked my butt off. I got up early on Thanksgiving and went to the gym. I ran on a treadmill after eating. I had no dessert on Thanksgiving. I also counted calories on Thanksgiving, and stayed within my goal. My body was so sore and tired. But I did get those bonus points. Three more weeks until the end of the challenge. I plan to keep working out and keep eating healthier. But I think I will be enjoying some Christmas treats when it's done.
Thanksgiving was awesome. We got to see all of Ben's family on the Monday before. We had family dinner (pizza!) and family home evening. We were kinda sad that not everyone got to stay for Thanksgiving. We went to Rob & Kristi's house. Kristi's turkey was amazing, seriously, amazing. And she made homemade stuffing. We also had steak. Marlene and Kaman joined us and we had plenty of good food to go around. The men all played computer games. I went Black Friday shopping by myself. I got a new knife set! And a new TV stand. And a Christmas tree. And some other Christmas presents. We spent the night at Rob and Kristi's because the men were up all night playing their game. Friday the men and Russell and Kennady went shooting. Kennady loved it and is now asking for her own gun. We also played games and stuff and ended up sleeping there again. Saturday Kristi and I went and got pedicures. Loved it! Kennady went with Rob, Kristi, Russell and Scott to a light festival, and got to see Santa. Ben and I stayed home with the babies. We also decorated gingerbread houses. Kennady got really into it. Korban just liked eating all the decorations. Sunday we put up our Christmas tree. I love it! It's Christmas time!
Yesterday we actually had a car, and after going to the gym, we went to Mindy's house. She cut and colored my hair (pictures to come when I actually put on makeup one day). Ben ended up working late, so we stayed for dinner. Then I did something I've been avoiding for a long time, I took both kids to the grocery store to get a week's worth of groceries. I don't know that I succeeded in getting everything I need for the week, but it actually went a lot better than I thought it would. There was no screaming or crying. Actually, they were great. I still think I prefer shopping alone, but glad to know it's not entirely a disaster when it needs to be done. We got home around the same time as Ben so he got to help unload. Somewhere in that process Korban decided to act like a monkey again and tried to escape from Ben by throwing himself on the ground. Ben caught him, by his wrist. There was a pop and Korban screamed. We tried to calm him down. He wouldn't be calmed, not even by a donut. So Ben took him to the urgent care. While they were waiting, Korban calmed down and starting using his arm again. The nurse looked him over, and said it was most likely nurse maid's elbow, and that it had popped back into place by itself. She suggested that they just go home, so they did, and we didn't have to pay for that visit. Today Korban tried to climb into his crib and smacked his lip hard enough to split it open. Uhg. That child is going to mean a lot more urgent care visits for us, I am afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment