I'm another year older. My birthday finally ended last night, but I've had a great 4 days. On my birthday Ben brought me McDonald's breakfast in bed. Loved it! For lunch I grabbed a Subway on my walk home from the gym. Ben came home early and told me to go out shopping. Awesome! Both of my set of parents sent me birthday money to buy some new shoes. So I got two new pairs of shoes. And then I decided to check out DI (which is a thrift store). I didn't find any shoes there, but I did find 6 shirts, 3 of which were brand new, and all are really cute. I must be crazy, but I really like thrift store shopping. You never know what you are going to find, and it's always going to be cheaper than buying it somewhere else.
Friday night Wendy came over and watched the kids. Ben and I went out. We haven't been out in a long time. We tried to go to Outback. The wait was pretty long, so we went and looked in some of the shops. We came back around the time we should have been getting a table, and we were told the wait would be at least another 20 minutes (we'd already waited 45). It was 8:15, and with my weight loss challenge I can't eat after 9 pm. So we order cheese fries to go and called it dinner. We were going to swing by Zupas to get real dinner, but the one that I thought I knew where it was isn't open yet, and we didn't have time to go anywhere else. The cheese fries were delicious though. Then we had to figure out something to do after 9 pm. We ended up at Kohl's and did some Christmas shopping, and got Ben some new khakis. In fact, everyone got something except me, lol.
Saturday was a really nice day. So, naturally, Ben worked on the fence all day. We had some nice neighbors who came to help, and I think one more day and it will be finished! I can't wait! I took the kids to the gym. And I went grocery shopping. Ok, maybe Saturday wasn't my birthday.
Yesterday we had a nice day at church. Korban is in nursery! He didn't do as well this week as last, I think the time change made him hungry and tired at nursery time. He did really enjoy snack time and play time though, and Ben and I enjoyed going to classes without hit. I got an extra long nap when we got home. Oh, and this is how sweet Ben is: he bought me a Coldstone ice cream cake for my birthday, on my birthday, but we decided to wait to eat it until Sunday when people could come over. Saturday night as I was trying to figure out how long the cake has to sit out before you can serve it, I noticed it was chocolate. (I don't like chocolate, I'm a strange creature) Ben felt awful, maybe because he'd joked about getting me a chocolate cake, but he made me some pumpkin bars (he makes the best pumpkin bars!) instead. I had two cakes! By the way, there is a lot of that Coldstone cake left, so if you are in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by and grab a slice or two. Marlene, Kaman, Dan and Heather came over. We enjoyed grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato basil soup and lots of cake. There was sword fighting and ballet dancing. After we put kids to bed Marlene, Kaman, Ben and I played some games. It was a fun evening.
And now, by birthday is over. But Thanksgiving is soon, and then Christmas! It's my favorite time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment