One week of being 27 down. 51 more to go. This last week wasn't so
bad. We enjoyed some of the last nice days of the year. Ben pretty much
finished the fence (he only has the gate left). And then it started
snowing. I don't altogether hate snow, but it's severely inconvenient.
And cold, and I don't really like cold. It's hard to walk to the gym in
the snow. Actually, I busted my toe on one of our barstools that day. I
don't think it's broken, but I wasn't sure at first. When it's taped up,
it's not bad, but it's pretty swollen and bruised.
We
got over 18 inches of snow this weekend. It was nuts. Korban finally
decided he likes the snow. I got up early Saturday and headed out in the
snow with my friend Natalie to pick up our bountiful baskets (a fruit
and veggie co-op). Then we went to the gym. The weight loss challenge is
going pretty well for me. I'm down 6 1/2 pounds. Which is awesome, and
puts me right on target for my weight loss goal for this challenge. But I
still hate losing. This week I'm going to try eating fewer carbs. I may
not survive, because I love my carbs. After Thanksgiving, I'm going to
try two weeks of vegetarian eating. This is on my 101 list anyways, I
think it may be a good way to bolster my weight loss. I may die then,
too, because I love meat. I am so surprised that I've been so good about
not eating sweets. Last week was the worst, when everyone was eating my
leftover birthday cake, except me. Apparently my competitiveness trumps
my love of food.
Korban is a monkey. He climbed out of
his crib a few weeks ago, but it was an isolated incident (we think he
grabbed a stuffed animal and used it to climb out). Then yesterday he
climbed out at naptime. Then at bedtime. Then 3 times during the night.
And again this morning. One of those times in the night, we couldn't
find him. Kennady brought him back to bed, apparently he decided to pay
her a visit. Right now, I'm not sure what we are going to do. I wonder
if he is using his blanket to climb out, or if he just can. Oh yeah, he
also learned to open doors yesterday. So I may try a couple of things to
keep him in his crib. I don't really worry about him breaking a bone
(maybe I should), because he's such an agile climber. If that doesn't
work, then I guess we'll have to convert his bed into a toddler bed.
That sounds like a mess of trouble. If we do that, we may move Kennady
and Korban into the same room, because I have a feeling, that's where he
will go anyways.
We just realized yesterday that
Thanksgiving is next week. We don't really have any plans. I'm guessing
we may end up at Rob and Kristi's with the rest of Ben's siblings that
are here. I wonder what project we'll work on this time ;) Last year it
was the world's largest trampoline pit. Too bad the fence is finished,
we could have done that this year. Except it's buried in 2 feet of snow.
Yeah,
yeah, our blog is boring now. Well, life is kind of boring right now.
I'm ok with that. More than ok, I think I kinda like it right now.
Surely it won't last. Oh, and I hate adding pictures on blogger. Blah, blah, blah, Wordpress. So just deal with them all being in a row and not necessarily in the order I wanted.
 |
| Kennady likes to paint her own fingernails and put on lipstick. Daddy's not a fan. |
 |
| Korban sometimes falls asleep before I can get him down for a nap. |
 |
| Kennady can make her own PB&honey sandwiches. |
 |
| For family night, we went to ride the indoor Ferris wheel. |
 |
| At the top! |
 |
| We also tried to feed Korban to the bears. He was terrified. |
 |
| Painting time! |
 |
| My little monkey. And a preview of how our living room look every day. |
 |
| Chocolate chips pancakes. We made these for dinner one night, and we had leftover, so I tried freezing them. It worked awesomely. Now we have chocolate chip pancakes on demand. Perfect. |
 |
| Snow out of our front door. |
 |
| Ready to play in the snow. |
 |
| She said she was swimming. Only later did she take off her coat and mittens and actually dive in. She decided she didn't like it that much. |
 |
| Korban actually outlasted Kennady outside. |
 |
| Look at that ridiculous amount of snow. |
 |
| Ben taught them how to make snow angels. Oh, and that's his award-winning fence in the background. |
 |
| Korban making snow angels. |
 |
| Kennady making snow angels. |
No comments:
Post a Comment