Sunday, October 28, 2012

Six Days

I'd just like to congratulate myself for making it 6 days without any sweets. That's a huge accomplishment for me, because I love sweets. In fact, I don't know that I've ever done it before. Maybe when I was pregnant with Kennady when I was really nauseous, but I don't remember. I also went to the gym three times, and worked out at home twice. Even in one week I feel like I'm in a little better shape than before, not huffing and puffing quite as much on the treadmill. Even though I am counting calories, I haven't been feeling deprived, but quite full and satisfied. Last night I made some honey chicken kabobs, and they were awesome.

Ben doesn't really agree with calorie counting and I'm pretty sure he wishes I wouldn't do it. I just think sometimes I need to get back on track with how much food my body really needs (as opposed to eating everything I see), and by limiting calories I have to make sure everything I'm eating counts, so I eat a lot healthier. I've been eating a ton of fruits and veggies this week (it's part of the competition), and I honestly love it. Even the kids have really enjoyed it. Kennady declared that she loves red peppers. I think Ben is mostly concerned that his favorite foods will be eliminated from our menu. My other struggle has been not eating after 9 pm. I like to have a snack after I get kids to bed.

Oh, and finding the motivation to get myself to the gym. I need to work on going earlier in the day, before I'm so tired from the rest of the day. This week it's been a problem because I've had other things going on in the mornings, and then the daycare is closed from 2 to 4.

Today is my day off though. I had a toaster strudel for breakfast. It wasn't that good :( Cheese sandwiches for lunch, those were good, but I'm thinking I should have just one, and then something to go with it, fruits or veggies. And pretty soon I'm going to make a fruit pizza. Yummm.

Then tomorrow I start back at it, for perhaps the hardest week: Halloween and my birthday.

No comments: