This is it. The week we find out. (Unless they are total punks and wait until next Saturday to mail it out, then we won't know until the first of April). About medical school. Ehhg, sick feeling. 400 or so people competing for 60 spots. Nail biting. Just waiting for a decision. Then we get to start making all sorts of decisions. Unless we're wait-listed. Then the anxiety continues. I'm so ready to be done playing this game. The real kicker is Ben and I disagree on what good news would be. He obviously wants to get in. I want him to get in, because I know how happy it would make him. I also really don't want to apply to med school again. The process is grueling and expensive. But, I'm also really enjoying him not being in school and working Monday-Friday 8-5. And being debt free. I know eventually, one way or another, he will go back to school. But I'll be a little sad. Either way, I'd just like to know. I'm kind of a planner, and they are definitely infringing on my planning time.
Addendum: Oh, but, wait: there is rumor they will be opening another 20 seats this year. Rumor. And this could affect their decision timing. They. are. killing. me.
....AND....it's just a rumor. If they increase class size, it won't be until next year (pending legislation). Admissions says they will be placing decisions in the mail on the 28th. Ugh. Holy last minute, Batman.
No comments:
Post a Comment