Oh, and I guess I never mentioned his stats from his 9 month checkup. He's 29 inches. They measured his head, but didn't tell me what it was, but did say that it's not really grown, which makes his head really tiny. He's still 20 lbs. Yeah, no change in 3 months. Not so great. Luckily he was a few ounces from having to run all sorts of tests (he dropped from the 75th percentile to the 30th). We're watching him. The doctor thinks one of a couple things, or a combination of them- they usually see significant slowing of weight gain between 9-12 months, due to them being so active and eating more solid foods, so maybe he just got a head start. Or his metabolism is wicked fast and I have to figure out how to shove more food in this kid, or feed him butter, or both. Or my milk isn't as calorific as it used to be. (That's a word? I like it). Or he has obstructive sleep apnea from his huge tonsils, which causes him not to sleep, and keeps him from gaining weight. The last one is the least fun sounding, but also seems likely to this really sleep deprived mother. He is now waking up 6-8 (or more) times a night (think about every hour). We're making one more last ditch effort to sleep train the kid before we start herding him through specialists who talk about surgeries.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Guess Who's Walking?
Oh, and I guess I never mentioned his stats from his 9 month checkup. He's 29 inches. They measured his head, but didn't tell me what it was, but did say that it's not really grown, which makes his head really tiny. He's still 20 lbs. Yeah, no change in 3 months. Not so great. Luckily he was a few ounces from having to run all sorts of tests (he dropped from the 75th percentile to the 30th). We're watching him. The doctor thinks one of a couple things, or a combination of them- they usually see significant slowing of weight gain between 9-12 months, due to them being so active and eating more solid foods, so maybe he just got a head start. Or his metabolism is wicked fast and I have to figure out how to shove more food in this kid, or feed him butter, or both. Or my milk isn't as calorific as it used to be. (That's a word? I like it). Or he has obstructive sleep apnea from his huge tonsils, which causes him not to sleep, and keeps him from gaining weight. The last one is the least fun sounding, but also seems likely to this really sleep deprived mother. He is now waking up 6-8 (or more) times a night (think about every hour). We're making one more last ditch effort to sleep train the kid before we start herding him through specialists who talk about surgeries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment