Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter and More

Sorry about the cliffhanger. We've been trying to figure out what we are doing. And I've had a sick, non-sleeping boy again.

So, bad news, no medical school this year. Boo. Seriously though, boo. We're both pretty frustrated right now. We've spent the last couple weeks figuring out what's next. Honestly, I don't know that we have anything figured out yet. He is applying again. This time he will be focusing mostly on DO schools. He may or may not apply MD again. I have my fingers crossed for Kirksville. Which would be awesome in pretty much every way except financially. DO is ridiculously expensive. Ben's definitely keeping his job here, and we may or may not move to a new apartment. We may or may not buy another commuter car. Ben also is getting ready to enroll in GRE prep class, to take the GRE, so he can apply to graduate school, because they are super stubborn and won't take the MCAT. Applying to graduate schools/medical schools is no fun. He may or may not just up and apply to a Caribbean medical school and we go this fall, after we sell all of our earthly belongings and hope it's enough to pay for tuition/food/airfare or find some financial institution that will loan us the money. We may or may not go crazy trying to figure all of this out.

Also, poor Korban got sick again. Sinus infection, and double ear infection. The sleep training has been very inconsistently successful. I finally got a new pediatrician, who we see in two weeks. I am hoping we can figure this kid out. He's still not gained any weight. I am really hoping we like this new pediatrician.

Ok, so the real reason I've not blogged, is because I didn't want to be super whiny. So...let's change the subject and throw in all sorts of pictures which I finally purged from my camera.

 Korban says Happy Valentine's Day!
 Kennady says Happy Valentine's Day. That's Molly, her new doll.
 Kennady playing outside in her raincoat (which is 2 sizes too big) and cowboy boots (not pictured).
 This is how Korban's hair looks after every meal, because he rubs his nasty hands through his hair.
 Kennady and Korban playing the piano. And, no, I never make my bed.
 The night of the two broken dryers.
 Korban loves tools.
 This is how Korban sits when he decides he no longer wants to feed himself. He wants me to put the food in his mouth. It's hilarious.
 Kennady likes to dance whenever I try to take a picture. She's a goof ball.
 This is how my bed looks when I wake up in the morning. Notice that Korban is on my side. That teeny space to the right of him is where I sleep.
 Both kiddos love bath time.
 Playing outside on one of those nice days. Korban loves to go outside.

 Bye-bye Roxanne. You will be sorely missed.
 The purple monster attacked our house. This was after a long series of misfortunate events. Notice Kennady's little hand peeking out from underneath the door.
 This is my table before. Well, I forgot until I'd already painted the bottom. But the whole thing looked like the top.

 This is my table after. I love it. It cleans up great. The only problem is the paint is already starting to chip, because I didn't sand it...because I listened to a bunch of people who said it was unnecessary.
 This is the result of Kennady practicing her letters. The yellow was me and the orange was her. She's doing awesome.
 This is the only picture I snapped before church. Mostly to prove that I did do Kennady's hair. By the time she got to primary, no one could tell.
 My adorable kids in their Easter outfits.
 Another one, because they are so cute.
 Korban loves the plastic eggs.
Kennady sure is Daddy's girl.


O wait, I forgot the best part. You can also consider this your reward for making it to the end. On Easter, we sent Kennady to her room so we could hide the eggs. We scattered a couple on the floor for Korban. She comes out and we explained the rules, that the ones on the floor were Korban's. She then picks up her basket, walks to the bookshelf and just stares at a couple eggs on the shelves. "Are these my Easter eggs?" "Yep." "These are not hidden." Apparently not challenging enough, so we got to re-hide all of the eggs.



1 comment:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I do think the table turned out cute. And yes her letters look awesome.