Well, it turns out Kennady is a great little helper, especially when it comes to getting rid of all the sweets in the house. In fact, she ate the rest of my donuts. I gave her one for breakfast and was working on paying bills, and she seemed pretty content to wander around eating her donut and watch a movie. Turns out, it wasn't just one donut, it was 3 1/2. I guess that's why it kept her busy so long.
Ben's been continuing to bring me little gifts everyday and saying "Happy Valentine's Day." He must know I like to drag out holidays. He got me flowers, and a candle, and then, this afternoon he called to let me know where today's present was...a pretty pearl necklace.
I was supposed to get up this morning and make him breakfast in bed. I bailed around 4 am, when Kennady woke up, after having just gotten to sleep due to heartburn, general pregnancy uncomfortableness and a very active night owl little boy. He said he'd happily accept a rain check.
Friday Kennady helped me make sugar cookies. Saturday we decorated them. I guess decorating sugar cookies isn't exactly an age-appropriate activity for 2 year olds. Talk about a mess and some rather funny looking cookies. They taste yummy though, and Kennady had fun, and is having fun giving them to her friends. I think there are only a few things that are permanently stained pink.
Saturday night Ben and I got to go to dinner, by ourselves. We left Kennady with the neighbors, who owed us some babysitting for watching their kids. We went to Red Lobster....yummy cheddar biscuits. We were probably the only people that weren't aggravated there was an hour and a half wait. We just enjoyed the time without our 2 year old. And then I sent Ben to pick up a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory while we waited, and of course that's when they decided to seat us. I think our waitress was a little annoyed that we didn't want dessert and had a take out bag full of cheesecake sitting next to us.
Upcoming plans? Yea, I don't have any of those. I know, we are so boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment