Ben turns 26 today! I think he is pretty awesome, and in the words of Kennady "You're the best, Daddy." She sure knows how to work it. I can't say I've done anything special for him so far. I did let him take the car today so he could sleep in and not ride the bus. I think he liked that. However, I didn't make him breakfast. Or lunch. I did make some cupcakes, because I didn't have enough energy to decorate a cake. I was supposed to make him a cheesecake, but last night he said it wasn't worth it, because it would make me too tired (aka grumpy). I knew he was right, so he's getting Funfetti cupcakes instead. Cheesecake some other time. My present for him is awfully lame. I'm taking him out for dinner, and arranged for a babysitter. I'd tell you were we are going, but it's a surprise, and there's a chance he'll read this before dinner tonight, so you'll just have to wait to find out. I'm pretty sure he'll like it though. A pregnant wife and a tight budget make for lame birthdays. His parents are sending him snowboarding with his brothers and he's really excited for that.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure Kennady thinks it's actually her birthday, because the grandmas couldn't resist adding things for her to their birthday packages for Ben. She doesn't understand why we can't eat the cake without daddy. She refused to tell Ben "Happy Birthday" this morning until I told her if she didn't she couldn't eat any cake. But we are really appreciative of the Tangled blanket that Grandma Nelson sent. When Kennady opened it she said, "Oh, this will cover my feet." Last night she actually used the blanket, which is really good because we can't seem to find her blankie, and she hasn't asked for it once today.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ben! Jared's is next week, so here's to hoping that this pregnant lady on a tight budget can come up with something un-lame.
Post a Comment