I can't say that the rest of last week got any more interesting. Ben only worked a half day on Friday, because he'd already hit 40 hours for the week. It was nice to have him home around lunch time. We got to go out and eat dinner at Lone Star with his birthday coupon. Yummy! Saturday we headed down to Provo in the afternoon to hang out with Kristal and Dan. We all went to Pirate Island for dinner. Kennady was a little wary of the pirates at first, but loved the pizza. After she figured out there were games to play, she was pretty happy. She even seems to have the magic touch and kept getting free skiball games. After we played a game of pool at Kristal's dorm and got ice cream from the creamery.
Sunday...uh...well, we survived. Just barely. I slept terribly Saturday night and then it was my first Sunday getting Kennady and myself ready for church without Ben. Kennady and I were sitting alone, while Ben helped with the sacrament, and she started in on one of her brat tantrums, "No, I don't want to be quiet! No! NO! Don't touch me!" Accompanied by kicking, screaming and hitting. I was trying to get her out of there, but we'd been blocked in and Kennady was hanging on to the pews for dear life. It was quite the scene. I finally got her outside (because there is no where to take a screaming child, because every room is occupied) and got her calmed down, and then myself. Ben joined us by then. And she was really good for the rest of the meeting. Apparently Ben strikes a fear in her that I just can't quite muster.
We drop her off at nursery and sit down for Sunday school. The only seats left are in the dead center, because we are always late after Kennady's potty break and dropping her off. After 10 minutes of peace, Kennady gets brought to us, because she pooped her pants. Ok, so she was actually wearing a Pull Up, but I still wasn't happy that she didn't use the potty. So I go and clean her up and return her to nursery. As I'm trying to haul my 2 year old and diaper bag out the door, the teacher stops her lessons and says "I guess she just didn't want to hear the rest of my lesson. Or maybe she needs a cookie." As if it's not bad enough for a fat pregnant woman to try to get out of the middle of the classroom with her kid and diaper bag.
I get Kennady cleaned up and return her to nursery. At this point I'm a little frazzled, a little hungry and more than a little tired. I'm trying to tell the one nursery leader about her potty training (we had her potty trained...and then she got a UTI, so we've had to start over again), the other nursery leader just stares at me and then says, "So why are you having another one?" I have no reply for this. Ok, I have a ton of replies, most of them sarcastic and unkind, but I'm so surprised, I can't get anything out. The other leader just tries to ignore her and keep talking to me, and the lady says "She's just so young." Then I'm ignoring her too. The nursery leader says "You look really tired." "yeah, I am," I reply, "I didn't get much sleep last night." The other lady then asks "When are you due?" June 3. "Oh...you have a looong ways to go. I would have thought you were further along than that." This is when I leave. The building. I go home, eat half a bag of peanut butter M&Ms and take a nap. Seriously? Why do people say such stupid things?
At least it makes Ben look good, as he walked me home, tucked me into bed, took care of Kennady, made lunch after getting home from church, and then let me take another nap. He's a keeper.
Monday Ben had the day off. Paid! We are not used to paid holidays. In the morning I had to take the glucose test. Yuck. But only the 1 hour one, so it wasn't so bad. I actually tried to see if I could just skip the one hour and take the 3 hour, figuring I'd have to take it anyways, but my doctor's office was closed for the holiday. We had a picnic for lunch. Kennady thought that was pretty exciting. I got another nap. I love naps. Then we went to see a movie at the dollar theater. Only it was sold out. :( So we went to PetCo and looked at the animals. Kennady thought it was a zoo and loved it more than she would have loved a movie. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and let Kennady ride the escalator and play with the train set in the children's area, and read books. She was thoroughly entertained, and we left with our $3 still in our pocket. Oh to be two again.
The good news today? I got a call from the doctor's office and I passed my glucose test! I'm pretty surprised, considering I barely passed with Kennady. Tonight I celebrate with fried food and sugary goodies. Ok, not really. I'd still prefer not to gain 50 lbs with this pregnancy. But I do see more donuts in my future :)
2 comments:
Wow! It's a good thing I wasn't in your shoes Sunday because I'm pretty sure I would have made a lot of enemies. I'm glad you have patience and a good husband!
And I get the "Oh, wow, you look way more further along than you really are" comment all the time. :/ It doesn't keep me from eating crap, so it must not hurt my feelings too much!
I can't BELIEVE that happened at CHURCH!! I'm so sorry. I don't think I would have handled it so well, esp. the "why are you having another?" comment. I think you look cute pregnant. :)
Post a Comment