Uh, I so should be sleeping. But Ben isn't home, and I am terrible at making myself go to sleep. Maybe that is where Kennady gets it. She's been waking up 2-3 (or sometimes more) times a night. I think it's because Ben keeps going and getting her and letting her have a drink of water before rocking her back to sleep. So sweet. So exhausting. While he might think that I sleep while he takes care of Kennady (yes, I know my husband is awesome), I don't. I can't. I wish that I could. And I sleep terribly to begin with. Unless it is in the morning hours (around 10 am or so). Then I sleep like a baby, or like a baby should sleep. So I don't know what is up with Kennady's unusual sleeping patterns. New teeth? A growth spurt? Terrible twos? And once again, she refuses to sleep in her big girl bed, asking for her baby bed and trying (unsuccessfully) to climb into it by herself. This is why children should get boxes for Christmas.
Today was a full day of babysitting (7 am to 6 pm). Around 4 pm the only thing I wanted to do was sleep. But sleeping while two 18-month-olds are playing (aka eating) playdoh probably would end up with a call to poison control. The problem is that by the time I get Kennady to bed, I've gotten my second wind and there's no way I could fall asleep. I will say that babysitting Bailey is a piece of cake compared to what I was doing last week. She and Kennady are best friends (that occasionally smack each other) and mostly entertain each other (while making enormous messes). The only thing I have to do is keep them out of danger. Which is a very exhausting task for the two of them. Both daredevils, and they egg each other on. They can open the doors, get into the child-proofed cabinets, climb from the bar stools onto the counter, lock each other in the toy chest, jump off the back of the couch, and can drown themselves with the in-door water dispenser on the fridge. Oh yes, and they can climb onto the stove and into the dishwasher. And I did one stair-catch today. If you ever call me while I am babysitting, it's probably pretty funny to hear all the things I'm telling them not to do.
And tomorrow I get to do it all again. At least I am the master at getting kids to take simultaneous naps. I just can't wait until they are both potty training.
No comments:
Post a Comment