So I used up all of my pictures in the last post. Maybe you should just get used to no pictures, and then when I do post them, it'll be like a bonus. Sorry, but my days are busy and my camera is oober slow.
I attempted to make a decent loaf of bread. I failed. Sometime I'll try again. Not this week though, because I am still disappointed that I went through all that work to have awesome homemade bread to go with my awesome homemade jam, and I didn't get it. That and our house is a disaster. I know I say that a lot, perhaps some of you don't even believe me. I bet my mom does. So I'm not the best housekeeper. I'd like to think that my charm and beauty makes up for it.
And I hate mangoes. I was feeling adventurous the last time I was at the grocery store, so I bought a mango, because Ben has mentioned several times that he really likes them. Later that night when Kennady was whining because she was hungry, I searched the internet and discovered how to cut up a mango, and that was her bedtime snack. This is the same night that Ben and I foolishly decided to stay up late and watch Sherlock Holmes. As we were going to bed (somewhere around midnight) Kennady started coughing. Great, she got Bailey's cold. So we went to sleep. About an hour later, just as I'd fallen into a deep sleep, Kennady wakes up screaming. Ben goes into get her and discovers that the coughing we'd heard was really her vomiting. Awesome. Enter a bath and several loads of laundry. And more vomiting. Really I am very tired of this. The problem is that this time it was my fault, because Ben informed me that the mango wasn't ripe, and ripe mangoes are notoriously bad for babies' tummies (or so say the Brazilians, and I believe them). I'm pretty sure that since we've made it past the 48 hour mark without Ben or I getting sick, that it really was just the mangoes, and not another stomach flu.
Kennady does have Bailey's cold. And so do I. Which made for a very long day of babysitting today (well, 12 hours is long enough without one sick child). Luckily since Bailey is still recovering and Kennady is sick, they both took a 3 hour nap. Bailey figured out how to open doors (the ones with the normal round handles). Sad day for us all (I mean me and her parents) because not only did she decide to play in the toilet, but also can escape the house (not on my watch, because I'm pretty used to locking doors). It made me really grateful that I do not have twins (not that twins are bad...I like twins...just grateful that I don't have twins at this point in my life). Two kids are more than twice the trouble, they always seem to be teaching each other things, teaming up against you, and you run out of hands rather quickly.
And that's all she wrote.
No comments:
Post a Comment