Here is us at Old Faithful. It was cold and snowing.
Kennady said that is was time to go home. She was very cold (it was really windy and starting to snow).
This is Kennady at Mammoth Springs. Yes, these pictures are basically in reverse chronological order. I really don't want to take the time to try to fix them. Yes, she is whining, and yes, she did do that most of the day. But we still had fun!
We saw lots of bison. And some wolves. But I didn't get a picture of them.
Yay, Easter pictures! Kennady really didn't want to get the eggs out of the snow (I thought they would be easier to find there) so I had to move all the eggs.
She loved playing with all the eggs.
And here she is in her big girl bed. We've had a few more successful nights in the big bed, one of which ended up with our first episode of bed-wetting. I guess you can still call that a success? We give her 2 chances a night to sleep in her big girl bed, and then she gets put in her crib. Some nights she decides she'll stay in bed so she can sleep in her big girl bed. We've also made pathetic attempts at potty training. I ask her if she wants to use the potty. She almost always says no. Tonight she said yes, and had lots of fun sitting on the potty for half an hour until Ben got really fed up and said she was done.Ok, I lied, I'm going to write just a little. This week has been great! I actually get to see my husband this semester and I like it. I even got to go grocery shopping without Kennady this week. Friday night we had a date night and went to the temple. Saturday we went to Mike and Kari's for dinner and a movie. Ben likes his new job as a TA, where mostly he gets to tutor. It nice because it's flexible and he doesn't have to work until midnight.
Ooo, and I am absolutely loving how cheap strawberries are right now (so is Kennady). Yesterday I successfully made homemade strawberry jam. Mmmmm.......I love it. I am going to have jam with toast on it for breakfast for the next month. My next goal: to make a decent loaf of bread.
Oh oh oh, and I am so excited. Kennady and I are taking a trip to Missouri for 2 weeks in July while Ben does finals and studies for and takes the MCAT. Yipee! Although I will be a little more than sad to be away from Ben on our anniversary :( And even more exciting, we are really going to Disneyland. We found flights out of Idaho Falls for cheaper than driving. Awesome! Sept 2 - Sept 5. I wish it was longer, but man is it going to be fun. Disneyland and the beach, those are my plans!
1 comment:
You sound just like me and Kris this year! He was gone for our anniversary, and then we went to Disneyland last week to make up for it! I wanted to go to the beach as well, but it didn't happen.
Glad you get to spend time with Ben this semester... sometimes it's nice to have a husband around. :)
Post a Comment